Forum Star
    @boyzee - i use ntl too, and i dont have a d/l limit

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Again thanks for all the advice!

Peace!

Skillz

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    [@boyzee - i use ntl too, and i dont have a d/l limit]

i think if you look carefully in the terms and conditions on ntl home page they have a clause about "reasonable usage" if they deem that a user is constantly going over there limit which is currently set at 1GB a day they can and will limit the service to that user and will endeavour to make contact before they do, they will not however do so if this is not a regular occurance on any given account, they make reference to filesharing kazaa/grokster etc and how it can affect the performance of "normal" internet users as it puts a load on there servers. I am one of those irregular customers who go over my limit on a daily basis and they have actually advised me to have a business account with them as there are no limits on it which i have refused on principal and price!, i dont see why i should be dictated to about my internet usage. you probably dont go over your limit to much so they dont bother with you.....

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Forum Star
    cheers for the info, i hadnt noticed that - i only upgraded from 150k last month so it obviously wasnt a problem back then.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    There is a cancelation fee with Aol. I had a 56k modem before but now my speeds are average 50k. I know Aol is not good but my only option would be to stick with it, anyway thanks for all the info I will stick with it for now as I have no choice and it is still way better than 56K dialup!

Peace!

Skillz

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    NTL's download limit aint there, so please dont listen to people who say it is!

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    Forum Star

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123