Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Scammers and Spelling?

The Wanderer's Avatar e pluribus unum
    Quote Originally Posted by webber View Post
    mostly eastern europeans .
    I'm sure you did a lot of research before reaching to this conclusion, mate.
    Live long and prosper.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    lysine's Avatar 49311 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Theif View Post
    No one is a born anti-trader.
    some of us have been around bittorrent for years, and never traded, or bought into the anti-trader fad that message boards like these created. long, long ago, there was no trading, there was only sharing between people you knew and trusted from other trackers and message boards. too bad people had to spoil it.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    MODERATION BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    lame

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    The Flying Cow's Avatar windowlicker BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    That's such a true observation.
    In real life they all wear black hats and own pitbulls too.
    And the very worst are East Europeans except for those who are not of course.
    Idol bringing his typical humour to the conversation.
    *laughs*

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Skies View Post
    Scammers and cheats often do it to create language barrier when caught. That way they don't have to answer for themselves. They can just act stupid and don't get what you are saying.

Easy way out. Simple as that.
    Exactement. Trader/scammer/cheater talk is highly complex. There should be a dictionary/thesaurus to help the rest of us. I can't begin to imagine how difficult it must be for sitestaff to properly communicate with these people when they want to ask them what the hell they think they're doing.

Good afternoon, dear xxx, we have reason to believe you've been trading. Did you trade your current account? Please give us an honest reply
    -staff

Me? noways. I alwaystrieing to makethe good for this sites. You know it, I has 9 seedbox in my garage, and seedit for you.
    Who tells you imcheat? Menotrade.
    -troll

Quote Originally Posted by lysine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Theif View Post
    No one is a born anti-trader.
    some of us have been around bittorrent for years, and never traded, or bought into the anti-trader fad that message boards like these created. long, long ago, there was no trading, there was only sharing between people you knew and trusted from other trackers and message boards. too bad people had to spoil it.
    Thank you for reminiscing, and coming out and saying it. When I arrived here there were:
    a) no levels
    b) no "rep" points
    c) no trades.
    People just gave invites when they had them. There did tend to be a general attitude that people with few posts might be untrustworthy, and that you had to build a certain "reputation" here, before being invited to, say, OiNK, but even that was only a particularity of some members, and was generally overlooked, as long as you had some valid proofs that you were a good member in the tracker you were already at.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by VillageShaman View Post
    Good afternoon, dear xxx, we have reason to believe you've been trading. Did you trade your current account? Please give us an honest reply
    -staff

Me? noways. I alwaystrieing to makethe good for this sites. You know it, I has 9 seedbox in my garage, and seedit for you.
    -troll
    LMAO too true mate. I don't like the idea of this thread descending into racial stereotypes but that quote made me laugh.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack View Post
    Why do scammers and frauds have poor spelling and grammar?
    Because the scammers and frauds that are intelligent and can write and speak fluently will scam and fraud without you knowing it
    Can you feel the LOVE

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    bblogs's Avatar Damn Straight. BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by Disme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack View Post
    Why do scammers and frauds have poor spelling and grammar?
    Because the scammers and frauds that are intelligent and can write and speak fluently will scam and fraud without you knowing it
    Well politicians do it don't they?

PS. Waiting for a response from crackerjack

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Zaxx's Avatar Ol' Skool P2P BT Rep: +3
    Wouldn't hold my breath...he never tried to defend himself on TI and he ditched his own thread in the invite section here after being caught out. I more than welcome his reply and so does the guy he scammed.
    "It's not what ya got, it's what you give."
    Please do not PM me for invites. Thx.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    I'm staff,kiss m ass BT Rep: +1
    Why would you scam? Because you don't want to work and such, it's a simple plan to get around difficulties. So if this is their attitude, they wouldn't check their grammar as well, that's what I think. Not only in BT but also on sites selling physical piracy or similar, people that are engaged in fraud tend to have poor grammar and spelling

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Quote Originally Posted by VillageShaman View Post
    i

-staff

-troll
    lol so true

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast