Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mac Seedbox User Help

Hi guys!
    I have just rented a seedbox and it is great for public trackers (in that it is easy to set up), but the main reason I got the seedbox was for using in private trackers - the ones that link your IP to the torrent for ratio tracking, which is no good for a seedbox.

I have seen a bunch of tutorials around about PC guys setting up using putty and the like.. but is there a simple Mac way of linking my seedbox IP to the tracker?

Cheers
    S.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    you must vnc to the box ( my vnc app of choice for mac is chicken of the vnc )then login to the site from there, its simpliest way to do that

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by bananafurry View Post
    you must vnc to the box ( my vnc app of choice for mac is chicken of the vnc )then login to the site from there, its simpliest way to do that
    Hi there!
    Thanks for the reply.

VNC is built into Leopard, right? Cool.
    The seedbox is rented from another company and they are using rtorrent which I think means they are using Linux or something and other people are using it for the same purpose. Does this mean that using VNC I just take over the seedbox computer and start a firefox session on it, navigate to the tracker on the web and go for it? Or have I got it all wrong?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    oh so its rented seedobox, then i think u must contact this company and ask them if they can or already configured vnc for you :>
    rest is easy u just fire up firefox/iceweasel and navigate to the site of ur choice
    goodluck

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by bananafurry View Post
    oh so its rented seedobox, then i think u must contact this company and ask them if they can or already configured vnc for you :>
    rest is easy u just fire up firefox/iceweasel and navigate to the site of ur choice
    goodluck
    Yeah, I don't think they are going to go for that as they have heaps of people using their seedboxes at any one time.

I will have to keep looking for another solution I guess..

Thanks anyway!

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    i think u should give it a try anyway, its you who is their customer after all :>

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Well, I think I'm getting a reputation as being 'That Annoying Mac Guy Who Keeps Asking Stupid Questions' over there.

I guess its hard being the only Mac user around in a sea of PC guys sometimes

*wipes away tear*

:-)

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Most trackers won't take any action unless there is a change of email address with the IP change as I recall. I didn't have any problems with my seedbox.

You could probably just use the seedbox as is, and if you're really worried about it - just mention that you got a seedbox in your profile on the tracker, and the staff would probably understand - especially when they notice how fast the connection is that the IP is attached to. Especially if you can provide a speedtest/IP of the seedbox you have if you have to go into an IRC channel. The only tracker I would worry about is BitMeTV, but even so you might be fine - I haven't dared to try that one yet.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Grind$oFine View Post
    Most trackers won't take any action unless there is a change of email address with the IP change as I recall. I didn't have any problems with my seedbox.

You could probably just use the seedbox as is, and if you're really worried about it - just mention that you got a seedbox in your profile on the tracker, and the staff would probably understand - especially when they notice how fast the connection is that the IP is attached to. Especially if you can provide a speedtest/IP of the seedbox you have if you have to go into an IRC channel. The only tracker I would worry about is BitMeTV, but even so you might be fine - I haven't dared to try that one yet.
    Oh, well I'm thoroughly confused then! I thought that when you downloaded the torrent file from a private tracker, they matched that IP address with the torrent file and so when I FTP that torrent file to the seedbox for downloading/seeding then it will have my IP rather than the seedbox's IP, meaning that my ratio won't benefit from having the seedbox...
    Is that right?

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    ugh... no thats what passkey is for, i thought you have problem with leeching torrent from tracker ( unregistered ip error ) :>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast