Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: PTN, GOEM or TEHConnection ?

jwsisliving1's Avatar Exiled BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by magushun View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbusters View Post

Can you explain why you think the site is a just a joke ?

From little acorns mighty oak tree's grow...
    trying to be elite just because they are making rules that can't be followed, trying to be elite just because they don't hand out invites too easily. As you can see on scl's example, it just doesnt work that way.

For example KG. everybody can get an invite to that site. Its not elite cos some kids who didnt get into ftn said "hey lets make a lvl x movie site, but don't hand out invites to movie fanatics, but geeks who are on torrent forums all day and hate fucking girls", but cos the members there are the elite members of the whole torrenting world, understanding the movies there, trying to make something unique.

yeah, the no ratio thing is nice, but at the moment, with this this speed, this poor content, and this elite "my dick points down, but my epenis is higher than ever" mentality, its just not okay.

I've seen it from inside, and looking forward to join that, when the staff realizes which is more important. a lvl x site which just disappears after half a year, or a site which can be unique.

at the moment, when kg for the uniqe ones and tc for the mass, exist, there is just no place for this playground
    Most of the rules are quite reasonable. Please point out specifical rules, if you can. What is it the seed back to 3 days or 1:1 rule that you hate, which BTW is 2 days less than other No Ratio trackers. I agree with you, PtN is sooo unreasonable. Allowing uploaders to choose if their content is rared or unrared, that's so unreasonable of them. And why don't you ask any of the current members if they like the gold system. Why don't you ask them how generous it is?

Most of the users have been able to follow the rules quite easily. As long as you don't ride on the slow bus, it shouldn't be a problem.

BTW, FST invented the Level system. PtN is controlling invites to keep people who care about levels and trading out. Saying they're doing it to be l33t is just narrow minded. How about to control the what kind of people get in? PtN has recruiters, there have been giveaways at all the major invite forums.

The difference between a place like PtN and TC, is that PtN gives a crap who wins those giveaways. That's why they have 9 questions everyone must use when they want to giveaway invites. Also, PtN an invite application system similar to iTS's. Anybody carpenter and above can apply for an invite for a friend, and the staff or recruiters will review the application.
    Last edited by jwsisliving1; 06-14-2008 at 03:11 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2
    Mis read and miss quoted Blah! take it all back.
    Last edited by DKre8ive1; 06-14-2008 at 05:13 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    GOIN' MACH 5!!
    i've been wondering why metalocalypse episodes are so highly seeded on ptn.

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    X X - - (-o-) (-o-) BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by jwsisliving1 View Post

trying to be elite just because they are making rules that can't be followed, trying to be elite just because they don't hand out invites too easily. As you can see on scl's example, it just doesnt work that way.

For example KG. everybody can get an invite to that site. Its not elite cos some kids who didnt get into ftn said "hey lets make a lvl x movie site, but don't hand out invites to movie fanatics, but geeks who are on torrent forums all day and hate fucking girls", but cos the members there are the elite members of the whole torrenting world, understanding the movies there, trying to make something unique.

yeah, the no ratio thing is nice, but at the moment, with this this speed, this poor content, and this elite "my dick points down, but my epenis is higher than ever" mentality, its just not okay.

I've seen it from inside, and looking forward to join that, when the staff realizes which is more important. a lvl x site which just disappears after half a year, or a site which can be unique.

at the moment, when kg for the uniqe ones and tc for the mass, exist, there is just no place for this playground
    Most of the rules are quite reasonable. Please point out specifical rules, if you can. What is it the seed back to 3 days or 1:1 rule that you hate, which BTW is 2 days less than other No Ratio trackers. I agree with you, PtN is sooo unreasonable. Allowing uploaders to choose if their content is rared or unrared, that's so unreasonable of them. And why don't you ask any of the current members if they like the gold system. Why don't you ask them how generous it is?

Most of the users have been able to follow the rules quite easily. As long as you don't ride on the slow bus, it shouldn't be a problem.

BTW, FST invented the Level system. PtN is controlling invites to keep people who care about levels and trading out. Saying they're doing it to be l33t is just narrow minded. How about to control the what kind of people get in? PtN has recruiters, there have been giveaways at all the major invite forums.

The difference between a place like PtN and TC, is that PtN gives a crap who wins those giveaways. That's why they have 9 questions everyone must use when they want to giveaway invites. Also, PtN an invite application system similar to iTS's. Anybody carpenter and above can apply for an invite for a friend, and the staff or recruiters will review the application.

So maybe do yourself a favor, and spend a little less time at FST and a little more time in the open air. It's obvious that you have a hard time thinking on your own about about all the facts. It's easier for you to use name calling, misconceptions, and group-think to make your points.
    seed back to 3 days, yeah, thats okay, it used to be a week

you cant seriously believe, that they are holding back invites, to control who gets inside. Always happy to see ppl who im going to get my money for when i get my degree.

its kinda why waffles and what are dead. they hold back invites, the true worthy members didnt get in cos they didnt spend time to spam the forums of every tracker, now they are dead. its simple like this, just open your eyes

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    jwsisliving1's Avatar Exiled BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by jwsisliving1 View Post

So maybe do yourself a favor, and spend a little less time at FST and a little more time in the open air. It's obvious that you have a hard time thinking on your own about about all the facts. It's easier for you to use name calling, misconceptions, and group-think to make your points.
    seed back to 3 days, yeah, thats okay, it used to be a week

you cant seriously believe, that they are holding back invites, to control who gets inside. Always happy to see ppl who im going to get my money for when i get my degree.

its kinda why waffles and what are dead. they hold back invites, the true worthy members didnt get in cos they didnt spend time to spam the forums of every tracker, now they are dead. its simple like this, just open your eyes
    Let me ask you something: how many PtN trade threads do you see, in comparison to other trackers? Be honest. Not many.

That seems like a pretty good reason to control invites.

PtN's recruiters are some of the best in the business. Believe me there's no difficulty finding good new members.
    Anytime there's a PtN giveaway it gets tons of responses. Just because they only accept the best of those applying doesn't make them elitist, it makes them SELECTIVE.

You want to know what the seeder to leecher ratio has been lately: Seeder/leecher ratio 1675% right now. It's been in that area for awhile now. That's a very good percentage for a small tracker. That even beats some of the bigger trackers.
    Last edited by jwsisliving1; 06-14-2008 at 03:10 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    X X - - (-o-) (-o-) BT Rep: +3
    I have kinda quited going after invites to be honest, not really watching those topics anymore. I have also not t seen any tc, kg trade threads.

the reason why im questioning ptn is that its a movie tracker, not some kind of new xth 0day bullshit, and cos of this there should be some differences, which there arent atm.

anyway, hope it goes to the good way.

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    PTN wins hands down, but to be honest it depends which tracker the individual uses more. Others I know would and do disagree with me, so I can't really make a decision for anyone.

If I had to choose 3 trackers to live with though, , PTN would be among them

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345