Thread: helpp needed w virus

panoli's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    can someone plz help me w this prob? i got some virus named microsoft driverguard in my C: it goes in only pen drives. it comes back even if i format the pendrive.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    How do you know that you have a virus?I can't find a reference to a virus called driverguard anywhere.
    A little more explanation would be useful.Things like what antivirus are you using?How is the virus manifesting itself ?etc.

to deactivate the driveguard-driver you have to do the following two steps:

I. Navigate with regedit to 'HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}' and delete the line 'USBoot driveguard' from 'LowerFilters'

II. Navigate with regedit to 'HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\USBoot driveguard' and set the value 'Start' to '4'

Though this will leave the actual files on the system, subsequently they won't be loaded anymore.

If you're not comfortable editing your registry I'd warn you that you can seriously damage your OS if you don't know what you are doing and I really advise against it(make sure you back up anything that you are messing with)

There's also a program called Driver Guard and if you're using it and it's causing problems,that's another matter and the only way that you are probably going to get rid of it is a complete reformat I'm afraid.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 06-13-2008 at 02:48 PM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    panoli's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    im using KIS8 i dont have a prog called driverguard. even i tried scrhing for it in kaspersky ad symantec websites. woundt find anything. and thax for ur advice.
    i will try ur method