Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UEFA EURO 2008 - Best match(es) so far?

The Flying Cow's Avatar windowlicker BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I'm watching the Croatia-Germany game now, and I must say, though I thoroughly enjoyed the Holland-Italy, and Holland-France matches to boot, this game is of a very high calibre as well.

Croatia just seem to have such a well planned and controlled game. You never see them doing offsides or playing solo. They always act as a collective and choose to make corners, centers, and passes amongst them which eventually lead them to make some epic goals!

Very impressive so far (I'm well into the first half) and I was wondering what other people here think about this particular match, as well as, in your opinion, which has been the best match(es) so far in the European Championship of 2008?

2. Sports Club   -   #2
    Poster
    I agree with you. Croatia has shown that they can play very well.
    I like Hollands game so far, they impressed with Italy not to mention France.

3. Sports Club   -   #3
    Septimus's Avatar -- Nicolas -- BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    The best match was Holland-France up to now

4. Sports Club   -   #4
    yakir132's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    uintil now .. France - Holland
    french have the the experiment , and Holland has the best player .

5. Sports Club   -   #5
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    best match is Holland vs France
    it's very very bests
    and match Cezh vs Turkey
    it's high best match

6. Sports Club   -   #6
    ahcorac72's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    For me best match was Holland vs France.
    Today Cezh vs Turkey was very good game too, with very emotion.

7. Sports Club   -   #7
    The Portugal - Switzerland match is a strong contender for the WORST match of the year.

BTW how did Croatia do against the Poles?

8. Sports Club   -   #8
    jetje's Avatar former star
    Croatia won easily. It wasn''t a good game but croatia is looking strong

The Netherland games were the nicest to see, even the last match, where they were playing with nine subs, was enjoyable especially the 2nd half.

Italy - France was pretty poor as was Germany - Austria
    Italy and Germany haven't shown one good game, but qualified. Could be the final

9. Sports Club   -   #9
    jetje's Avatar former star
    And yes the ugly germans doing it again... beating Portugal in another poor match. Best thing of them they scored three times.

Cronaldo was nowhere this match. three minutes to go... it could become 3-3 but what a horrible match

10. Sports Club   -   #10
    ^Agree there with you jetje.

Very unimpressive refereeing, in my view. Many fouls by the German Machine that were overlooked, and every little tidbit, that wasn't even necessary a foul, was counted on the Portuguese side - I mean WTF was that yellow card for Pepe? He didn't even move!

Also, the Germans played dirty. This was not fair play. You saw Balak pushed the portuguese defender when he scored their 3rd goal, I presume? EVERYONE saw that! And yet the goal was still valid! Also at the commencement of the match Nuno Gomes, whilst in the German area, was shoved by a German, to no recognition from the referee.

As I said, this referee should be stabbed.

We should have smashed the German Ex Machina.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast