Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Linux tracker !!!

C.H.A.O.S's Avatar teh sharer

Arrow

Hey guys,
    I wonder is there any bit torrent traacker is specially made for Linux (distributions, Software, Learning) espicially learning ?!

If you know any good one Please guide me.

Greetings...
    Last edited by C.H.A.O.S; 06-15-2008 at 10:49 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    R3bel's Avatar AddicT BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    http://linuxtracker.org/ for Distros, and BitMe/DocsTorrents for E-Learning stuff.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    LoKaLiRi's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    thnx R3bel

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Another good place to find out information on the latest Linux releases, although not a tracker is www.distrowatch.com .This site gives alot of information about each individual distro and includes screenshots, although if you want to check out a stunning distro take a look at eAR OS www.earos.dk .

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Lincoln's Avatar Poster
    Installing eAROS as we speak. Anyone know what distro it's based off of?

6. BitTorrent   -   #6

Heart

Quote Originally Posted by r3bel View Post
    http://linuxtracker.org/ For Distros, And Bitme/docstorrents For E-learning Stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    another Good Place To Find Out Information On The Latest Linux Releases, Although Not A Tracker Is www.distrowatch.com .this Site Gives Alot Of Information About Each Individual Distro And Includes Screenshots, Although If You Want To Check Out A Stunning Distro Take A Look At Ear Os www.earos.dk .
    Thank You Guys.
    Last edited by C.H.A.O.S; 06-17-2008 at 12:31 AM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    More suggesstion will be appreciated.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    NPAX1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I wouldn't think there would be a tracker dedicated to Linux software, since most of it is free as far as I know. Most trackers don't distribute free things, as it's pointless. As for Linux e-learning, well I'm sure some e-learning trackers are bound to have something for that.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln View Post
    Installing eAROS as we speak. Anyone know what distro it's based off of?
    eAR was based on Debian etch, but the latest version V1.09 is built around Ubuntu 8.04 hardy

Quote Originally Posted by NPAX1 View Post
    I wouldn't think there would be a tracker dedicated to Linux software, since most of it is free as far as I know. Most trackers don't distribute free things, as it's pointless. As for Linux e-learning, well I'm sure some e-learning trackers are bound to have something for that.
    The original point of the BT protocol was to share data, as a file distribution system bt is very efficient because it spreads the data evenly through the swarm. There are over 100 distributions listed on linuxtracker not to mention other software or older versions of some distro's, and many distro makers now use linuxtracker as one of their primary ways of distributing the software for the simple reason that using a tracker is far better than investing in the hosting to provide 1,000's of possible connections if a distro becomes popular. Some Linux distro's are almost viral in their popularity within the community and a bt tracker is one of the most efficient and cost effective way of sharing the software, without the huge cost of datacenter and bandwidth costs. By releasing Linux distro's through a bt tracker (and of course via ftp, many distro's being mirrored on ftp servers all over the world), there is a massive cost saving in what are sometimes one and two man operations, ie Kanotix, SimplyMEPIS and Sabayon all have only one major software developer.
    Last edited by Artemis; 06-17-2008 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    eAR was based on Debian etch, but the latest version V1.09 is built around Ubuntu 8.04 hardy

Quote Originally Posted by NPAX1 View Post
    The original point of the BT protocol was to share data, as a file distribution system bt is very efficient because it spreads the data evenly through the swarm. There are over 100 distributions listed on linuxtracker not to mention other software or older versions of some distro's, and many distro makers now use linuxtracker as one of their primary ways of distributing the software for the simple reason that using a tracker is far better than investing in the hosting to provide 1,000's of possible connections if a distro becomes popular. Some Linux distro's are almost viral in their popularity within the community and a bt tracker is one of the most efficient and cost effective way of sharing the software, without the huge cost of datacenter and bandwidth costs. By releasing Linux distro's through a bt tracker (and of course via ftp, many distro's being mirrored on ftp servers all over the world), there is a massive cost saving in what are sometimes one and two man operations, ie Kanotix, SimplyMEPIS and Sabayon all have only one major software developer.
    Thank you for the info.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast