Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Overseeding worst then HNR ?

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by monk3y View Post

you do have some big ratios on some sites from what i've seen, egoist.

j/k m8.
    Doesn't mean that he is still doing it monk3y.I think he's too busy playing soccer.

I agree though that if you don't have a fast connection the best thing is to seed for a looong time(best thing anyway so that everyone doesn't have to jump on in the first few days)
    Ever since I've gotten a seedbox I've been falling into some bad habits myself that I wouldn't do otherwise partly because of limited HD space and truthfully partly because I can afford to.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Quote Originally Posted by yayyyyyy View Post
    if there were not ppl with very fat pipes uploading you would download at the same speed as thepiratebay.
    Here's the thing i don't get, what is the point of peoples obsession with fast downloads ?
    Are you forced to hold your breath for the duration of the download ?
    Will your head explode if you don't get the latest episode of Lost 2 hous after it's been aired ?

People bang on about community, but with the escalation in the use of big boys pipes & seedboxes, it seems more about getting the biggest ratio buffer & feck everyone else .
    Luckily, i'm happy with Piratebay speeds, i've got other things to do whilst waiting for some obscure film or show . It's not the be-all or end-all .
    Still, it would be nice to know why most people have this need for speed .
    Last edited by Spillage; 06-19-2008 at 11:35 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Poster BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    cry me a river
    pictures of you!! pictures of me!!

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    What you say is mostly true Spillage but I 'm still glad that I don't have to download some of the larger stuff like games or HD at those speeds.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by t0mmy View Post
    cry me a river
    Ella Fitzgerald or Justin Timberlake ?

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    NPAX1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Most people want things faster, and are always in a rush. I live in NYC, so I guess I inherited that stereotype as well..

But I agree with Spillage, I think it's more about acquiring a huge buffer/ratio, rather than getting everything faster, as I doubt most people using seedboxes actually use half the files they download.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    monk3y's Avatar Pirate's Life for me BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by Spillage View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by t0mmy View Post
    cry me a river
    Ella Fitzgerald or Justin Timberlake ?

Funny McFunny

and btw i own a 100/100 seedbox

Do not pm me requesting for invites as i have none to spare
    Signature & Avatar Rules

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    People bang on about community, but with the escalation in the use of big boys pipes & seedboxes, it seems more about getting the biggest ratio buffer & feck everyone else .
    Your statement is correct in regard to some trackers. I indeed experienced that on some trackers people are babbling/talking/bragging all the time about how many TB's they already uploaded. That's indeed not sharing to be helpfull for the community but just an ego-trip. But nonetheless the members of these trackers do benefit from those speeds.
    If I have to download a series-pack that contains 8 seasons à 7-8 GB per season equals about 60GB and you have to download that at 5 Kb/s I'll be watching it 12 months later and that's not my intention.

But there are community-trackers where speed or uploaded amount isn't the highest goal and the sharing and friendly spirit is truly amazing.
    I guess you just haven't been a member at such a tracker.
    Can you feel the LOVE

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    if there were not ppl with very fat pipes uploading you would download at the same speed as thepiratebay.
    Here's the thing i don't get, what is the point of peoples obsession with fast downloads ?
    Are you forced to hold your breath for the duration of the download ?
    Will your head explode if you don't get the latest episode of Lost 2 hous after it's been aired ?

Luckily, i'm happy with Piratebay speeds, i've got other things to do whilst waiting for some obscure film or show . It's not the be-all or end-all .
    because trackers are there to download files... the faster they get download, the better.

If i want community I would go in facebook or myspace or any other forum (like this one)

and yes I find very very very amusing reading ppl bragging about "community" when talking about FSC or its or similar trackers... I suppose that when you can't have speed and content you brag about "community"
    (but hey: why are FSC uploaders putting still a lot of efforts in getting files on the site shortly after pre??? shouldn't they upload those files the day after the pre and spam on the forums in the meanwhile?)
    Last edited by yayyyyyy; 06-19-2008 at 12:51 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    bblogs's Avatar Damn Straight. BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10

That's only your viewpoint because 1337 trackers often neglect the main advantage of bittorrent: Lots of peers uploading to 1 person = big speeds.

If you need fat pipes uploading why don't you just use newsgroups??

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast