Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: G.o.d (((((((((athiest))))))))))

RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    Why? Because we all have opinions, yours is no more important than anyone elses, despite what your mom might have told you

and learn how to spell "ex" rather than "X"

This is one of the few forums out there that still amazes me with their maturity and put-downs

keep it up

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    Originally posted by RGX@15 August 2003 - 13:05
    Why? Because we all have opinions, yours is no more important than anyone elses, despite what your mom might have told you

and learn how to spell "ex" rather than "X"

This is one of the few forums out there that still amazes me with their maturity and put-downs

keep it up
    Well actually this forum is kinda immature most of the mature people here replied to this topic

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    insanebassman
    Ok, first, I was able to follow some of the flow in ADD's post... second.. are you:

Atheistic or
    Adeistic?

Atheist means anti-religion
    Adeist means anti God

The two are not the same. I beleive in pourposful evolution as well as random mutation in nature. I think there is a higher power beyond the physical, but can not prove it. Stephen Hawking, likely the most intelligent human in contemporary existance, believes there is a god. He found god in the numbers. The universe is far too directed for just Chaos to have produced the results we see today. Read his books to clarify as my limited mental capabilities are not up to the task of explaining it.

And please, learn to use proper sentence struture, punctuation and capitalization. Spelling is optional as I suck at that.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by insanebassman@15 August 2003 - 20:39
    Ok, first, I was able to follow some of the flow in ADD's post... second.. are you:

Atheistic or
    Adeistic?

Atheist means anti-religion
    Adeist means anti God

The two are not the same. I beleive in pourposful evolution as well as random mutation in nature. I think there is a higher power beyond the physical, but can not prove it. Stephen Hawking, likely the most intelligent human in contemporary existance, believes there is a god. He found god in the numbers. The universe is far too directed for just Chaos to have produced the results we see today. Read his books to clarify as my limited mental capabilities are not up to the task of explaining it.

And please, learn to use proper sentence struture, punctuation and capitalization. Spelling is optional as I suck at that.
    Atheist is from greek (theos - god), atheos means no god, atheist is one who believes there is no god.
    Adeist, if it even exists as a word (it isn't in my dictionary), would be a mixture of latin and greek, but the deus part would still mean god, and presumably adeus would mean no god.

There is absolutely no reason why the universe could not operate perfectly well under chaos - this is in fact the primary scientific belief.

You seem to confuse religious belief with scientific belief, there is no reason why the two cannot co-exist side by side, unless you feel constrained to believe the bible verbatim.

Why not consider this as a hypothesis:
    God made the universe to be a self sustaining, freely developing entity.
    Consider how much more complex that would be rather than to have created a universe which he is constantly having to control, and therefore how much more magnificant a creation it is. Why limit the capabilities of your god?

I am an atheist, but that doesn't mean I can't think and hypothesise about what a god would be like if one existed.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    insanebassman
    I was basing my verbage on the use of theology, being religion (or study of) and deism, dealing with Gods. The "A" infront of a latin word was short for Anti-

I beleive in God, but the bible is just a string of lessons and stories, not the truth. As is other holy books.

Chaos is a creative and destructive force and therefore a good tool. But chaos must be directed at some point or Entropy or destruction will ensue. That is where I base my statements... I can not explain it well as I do not have the full background with me to cite at the moment, but that is the gist. It all sounds better in my head with the other voices (hee hee).

If my verbage seems a bit strange, I base it on the time I studied with one of the deacons of my old church. He speeks several dead languages as well as Hebrew, Latin and Greek. He showed me that distinction as well as several common mis-translations from modern bibles to the older texts. If I still lived out that way, I would get his insights on paper and post them. It was interesting and Ironically what ultimately led me away from religion as a whole. I still know somehow there is GOD but do not have the conciet to say I know who he/she/it is

so, while skewed, there is logic behind my thoughts

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    insanebassman
    Also, Chaos is usually the most beautiful and dangerous thing...

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    Poster
    Since the calibur of the dicussion now merits it, Off to World News & Events >>

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    Lies between the two extremes is agnostic. Lets not forget that.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    Poster
    Being a dyslexic agnostic I do not accept that the existence of dogs has been satisfactorily proven.

That&#39;s not to say that they don&#39;t exist, I just will not accept it without proof.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    lynx's Avatar .
    WOOF&#33;
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast