Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Outrageous! Check this one out..

stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I think the problem is (if problem is the correct word anyway) you just picked the wrong torrent to download.

On a Music only tracker, 5-6-7gig is a hell of a lot of torrents, even on a flac only tracker its still 20 torrents.

They obviously have it set, that if you go over that much downloaded, with a ratio under whatever, then its an instant ban, but usually this will mean quite a few torrents, so a lot of leeway, but you downloaded 1 7 gig file, hence why you got the auto ban im afraid.

Obviously i do not know what was said in the PMs, but if all you said was, your rules are stupid without explaining things, then you deserve to be banned, if you were more diplomatic with them, then maybe they would have give you a 2nd chance.

damn beat by sgtmajor

2. BitTorrent   -   #52
    wevotedno's Avatar SeeD BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    I think the problem is (if problem is the correct word anyway) you just picked the wrong torrent to download.

On a Music only tracker, 5-6-7gig is s hell of a lot of torrents, even on a flac only tracker its still 20 torrents.

They obviously have it set, that if you go over that much downloaded, with a ratio under whatever, then its an instant ban, but usually this will mean quite a few torrents, so a lot of leeway, but you downloaded 1 7 gig file, hence why you got the auto ban im afraid.

Obviously i do not know what was said in the PMs, but if all you said was, your rules are stupid without explaining things, then you deserve to be banned, if you were more diplomatic with them, then maybe they would have give you a 2nd chance.

damn beat by sgtmajor
    i thought that as well but then i saw the 1:14 seeder/leecher and i saw it as an opportunity to seed back like crazy u know

3. BitTorrent   -   #53
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    well you have to be careful of partial seeders as well, I have no idea how that tracker works or what their rules are, or what the torrent you dl was like. but 13 of those 14 may not have been downloading anything, so thats why you only got 20KBs upload.

4. BitTorrent   -   #54
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Downloading a giant torrent (in site aspect) as the first torrent was plain thoughtless, so you only have yourself to blame, no matter what your upspeed is.

And btw staff on Pedro's are quite civilized and nice if treated that way. I have had several dealings with them in my time there, and it is one site where I wouldn't hesitate for one second contacting them about any issue, without fear of getting reprimanded, warned or banned for it.

I think your PM's might just have been uncivilized in the first place, and I feel pretty sure that a polite PM explaining that you screwed up would have had quite different outcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

5. BitTorrent   -   #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee1 View Post
    Im a Spamming moron
    whats that got to do with anything?
    Last edited by Detale; 06-21-2008 at 05:42 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #56
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Skies View Post
    Downloading a giant torrent (in site aspect) as the first torrent was plain thoughtless, so you only have yourself to blame, no matter what your upspeed is.

And btw staff on Pedro's are quite civilized and nice if treated that way. I have had several dealings with them in my time there, and it is one site where I wouldn't hesitate for one second contacting them about any issue, without fear of getting reprimanded, warned or banned for it.

I think your PM's might just have been uncivilized in the first place, and I feel pretty sure that a polite PM explaining that you screwed up would have had quite different outcome.
    Or perhaps your experience was different than ours.

I was banned from the tracker altogether for having a wrong drive offset. A setting that would pass at E****, waffles, or what. I'm certain of that as I upload FLAC rips at all three of those. It was a minor discrepancy to say the least.

I had never been warned there before for doing the same or for anything else. I also had a positive ratio. I was what most would call a perfect member. A simple PM would have been well received.

This was some time ago and surprisingly I still have the message I sent:

"No need. I've thought it out and am quite put off, my improper upload aside.

It sickens me to see how trackers do "business" at times. It is akin to a baseball game where all the players begin with 2 strikes, or a boxing match where the ref starts counting at 9. Or in an online world, a forum who bans member on their first bad post. It's absurd, and it's a slap in the face when the ban comes.

Why not disable the torrent and PM the member?
    Why not disable the members ability to upload and PM the member?

There are all sorts of avenues a tracker could exhaust in order to show just a bit of respect to their members, but very few choose to do so.

I certainly wouldn't ever petition a pardon from such irreverence due to a molehill.

Good luck to you....

Sam"

My attitude is unchanged.

Quote Originally Posted by wevotedno View Post

Nevermind, skiz.

guys relax. i am not new nor a HnR-unner
    Perhaps I should have put :sarcasm: at the end of my statement.
    Last edited by Skizo; 06-21-2008 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

yo

7. BitTorrent   -   #57
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    On E you would have to mark it as unofficial. Waffles and What don't give a shit about users not uploading proper rips. You know that very well, and have complained about it yourself.

It's one of the things I like about Pedro's. I have got PM's telling me that a torrent I downloaded wasn't proper and has been deleted.

They state clearly that any uploader is forced to follow guidelines.
    Last edited by Blue_Skies; 06-21-2008 at 05:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

8. BitTorrent   -   #58
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Quote Originally Posted by robotpirate View Post
    quit whining. you should have known better...
    I don't think he is whining at all. A long long time ago on a BT site far far away I once got banned for questioning a Mods decision. I came here to FST and bitched and bitched and guess what I got the attention of the site owner himself. The owner contacted me and was one of the coolest people and he not only had gotten my acct back with all my stats but we are friends today. I don't want to say what tracker because I was never to discuss the details because he said he could not publicly go against his staff but in a nutshell his staff member was wrong, so whining and bitching sometimes works, I mean just look at FatCats post history

Quote Originally Posted by fatcat69 View Post
    OMG I just realized I am in fact a blatant homosexual and I have a burning man crush on D
    Uh dude did you really need to announce this here? I mean your constant PM's with naked self pics are enough really.

Quote Originally Posted by ghurka View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiamma View Post
    Secondly, when you join you are given 1 GB of buffer to get you started. That does not mean you can speed download 7 GB torrents without seeding enough to get enough buffer to take down 7 GB torrents. I feel compelled to add that the mod did not ban you, the tracker did. It bans at a certain ratio level.
    So you are saying that it is not unreasonable that 10 minutes into downloading their first torrent a member is informed that their ratio is unacceptable even though they are still actively seeding. Look at it from a neutral's point of view....doesn't that seem extremely harsh.

I think judgment has been clouded here by simply looking at ratio alone which is not always an accurate assessment of the situation. You have to also have to take other factors into account.

TBH this is not exactly a good advertisement for your site.
    See guys thats why we should respect old people Seriously this guy as old as Yoda

9. BitTorrent   -   #59
    BANNED BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    suks

10. BitTorrent   -   #60
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by puckface View Post

or a favour they did me, so I don't have to be on the same tracker as guy who doesn't wanna follow rules.
    Yes, who would want to be on a tracker where a fella downloads something and tries to seed it back? The nerve...!
    I guess I need the /sarcasm tags on my posts as well....
    Go Leafs Go.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast