Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why aren't we talking about...

hamas didn't break the ceasefire two other terrorist groups did (or at least claimed they did).
    its a technicality, the ceasefire has been broken from the Gaza side, but it just bugged me

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    well its hard for the palestinians to stop attacking israel, they don't have anything else to do so they just couldn't help themselves. i'm sure as we speak they are smuggling weapons and ammunition to rearm themselves through tunnels, as a part of the purpose of this ceasefire
    Last edited by torrentt; 06-27-2008 at 11:52 PM.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    Dear ilw.. Hamas are the leaders in Gaza. They took over the strip a little over a year ago. They run whatever the hell goes on in there. You honestly think that if they wanted to they couldn't stop other groups of breaking the ceasefire? Come off it.. They killed hundreds of Fatah movement militants, only to have those same militants fire rockets from within Gaza, a year after these same militants lifted a white flag in surrender to Hamas. It is Hamas' fault to the max.

@Mr. Sharer - As Skizo pointed out, please, back up your claim.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    zedex's Avatar Borat Brother BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    no point of blaming each other as i see it , what needs to happen is that ppl will start to go uot on the streets a protest caus right now only politicians run the show and they are controlled by their own private interests most of the time . they make war when it fits them and their campaign and try to make peace when the public opinion is getting sick of them and wants to kick them out . politicians in the middle east are a sad joke , full of ego and power control fricks ( israelies and palestinians politician the same ) . whenever they fill that their comftrable sit is being risked they will change their opinion in 180 degrees .

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by tralalala View Post
    Dear ilw.. Hamas are the leaders in Gaza. They took over the strip a little over a year ago. They run whatever the hell goes on in there. You honestly think that if they wanted to they couldn't stop other groups of breaking the ceasefire? Come off it.. They killed hundreds of Fatah movement militants, only to have those same militants fire rockets from within Gaza, a year after these same militants lifted a white flag in surrender to Hamas. It is Hamas' fault to the max.

@Mr. Sharer - As Skizo pointed out, please, back up your claim.
    Whichever way you look at it Hamas are partially responsible. The level of culpability is up for debate, but its a debate i intentionally tried to avoid because there are no facts to go on, so the entire debate would just be based on prejudice.
    My entire point was (and is) that saying Hamas broke the ceasefire is an oversimplification

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    It doesn't matter, it's like the Israeli government being responsible for all right wing extremists for whatever acts of terrorism or simply put - bullshit, that they do. Hamas are totally responsible for whatever happens in the strip, since they were democratically elected, and have dictated their leadership there using force - Therefor, whatever happens there is up to the and can be controlled by them.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post

Because it's boring!

Why aren't we talking about the destruction of the Inca or Aztec civilisation?

..Or beter still should the West retake all the land, Alexander the Great Conquered?

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    You're comparing old shit that's been discussed to current events.

Next...

yo

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    I heard that Osama Bin Ladin is planning to re-take Spain, which is why that second possible discussion, actually, is relevant;

next..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12