Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why aren't we talking about...

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    i think its a mistake to make a truce without getting Gilad Shalit back as a part of the agreement.
    other then that, now Hamas will have the chance to rearm itself and plan further attacks without the IDF interrupting them.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by torrentt View Post
    i think its a mistake to make a truce without getting Gilad Shalit back as a part of the agreement.
    other then that, now Hamas will have the chance to rearm itself and plan further attacks without the IDF interrupting them.
    I agree, Gilad should have been an initial piece of any sort of deal, but I'm wondering why (even though we've had a tendency to beat this subject to death) we aren't jumping on it.

I'd venture the answer is that we've become too jaded and inured to wade back in - the very thing that inhibits the process from the outset.

How about that.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Seems that Hamas has broken the cease fire already. No shocker there.

In my opinion, Israel had to accept a cease fire. Had they not, it would have been used against them as many would say that peace was offered and Israel declined it. Agreeing was a win-win for them. They get the good publicity, they actually give peace a shot, and since we all knew that the Palestinians would never be able to hold up their end, it allows Israel to say they tried peace and it didn't work.

yo

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Seems that Hamas has broken the cease fire already. No shocker there.

In my opinion, Israel had to accept a cease fire. Had they not, it would have been used against them as many would say that peace was offered and Israel declined it. Agreeing was a win-win for them. They get the good publicity, they actually give peace a shot, and since we all knew that the Palestinians would never be able to hold up their end, it allows Israel to say they tried peace and it didn't work.
    Pretty much the case.

Israel basically loses nothing at all be agreeing to anything short of self-immolation.

Still, though, they're not likely to be positively credited for any of it.

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    it wasn't hamas...

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    israel makes a truce , the they break them . its all part of the iron wall . some people are just too blind to see it

read Vladimir Jabotinsky - the iron wall

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by ilw View Post
    it wasn't hamas...
    What wasn't?

yo

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.sharer View Post
    israel makes a truce , the they break them . its all part of the iron wall . some people are just too blind to see it

read Vladimir Jabotinsky - the iron wall
    Define "they".

If you mean Israel, you're wrong. All reports are saying that the Israeli raid was which ended in 2 deaths was a reaction to rockets which were fired by militants.

I've yet to read a single story which states otherwise. Surely you can backup your claim...

yo

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    jayz707's Avatar the human BT Rep: +1
    its never gonna end. im sure your grand children would be there to witness this too...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast