Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will win in '08? PS3 or X360?

fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    Well i have x360 and probably soon (in few days) will buy PS3 finalyy

and who will win the *console war* i think it will be PS3 since PS brand have much much more userbase than xbox brand

ps2 have sold over 120m. and xbox just maybe over 30m. and also with ps1

but i dont think that this should mean something anyway

if u can buy and play games on every console

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

2. Games   -   #32
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    TBH I think that the Xbox 360 has the edge over the PS3 because of its exclusive games and online multiplayer. Sony has nice exclusives but where the hell are they? They seem to keep getting delayed and developers say that it is more expensive and timely to make games on the PS3. In the U.S. it's obvious that the 360 will beat the shit out of the PS3 IMO. Every kid I knew in high school that played video games, played their 360 over Live. Why buy a PS3 if all of your friends own a 360? Halo 3 and Gears of War are/were huge games for the 360. As of yesterday, Final Fantasy XIII was announced to be released on both the 360 and PS3. What real reason is there to buy a PS3 for games, besides MGS4 which is a somewhat niche game in the U.S.? Sure it plays blu-ray movies but Sony also needs to focus on it's games. In addition, I've found 360 games to be generally more affordable or get cheaper much faster than PS3 games, although I'm sure most 360 owners on FST have their 360s flashed anyways so there already is an obvious advantage there.
    Last edited by silent h3ro; 07-15-2008 at 04:35 PM.

3. Games   -   #33
    crumble6's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I think 360 will win this round. It has a great games library, and you can't beat xbox LIVE. Obviously the fact you can flash the drives is going to attract more buyers, and the more consoles sold, the more likely game devs are to produce games for the platform. The only major set back with the 360 is the 3 red lights, but MS are slowly sorting that one out.

4. Games   -   #34
    pifpaf's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    in '08 i think it will be xbox360.

5. Games   -   #35
    Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    of course ps3 is the best

6. Games   -   #36
    respawn40's Avatar Phoenix Wright :D BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo0o8 View Post
    Why?

I don't see the PS3 reclaiming a lot of the PS2's userbase. Many, many of those users are now part of the Xbox 360's userbase. It had an entire year on PS3 to attract a userbase, and it managed to deliver. I know that would keep me with the 360. The Xbox 360 is landing exclusive deals not only with games, but with services as well, as was evidented by their Netflix deal. I can see a 360 sitting in almost every home, as the PS2 pretty much did.

I am a exsellent speller and I use grammer very good.

7. Games   -   #37
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by respawn40 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo0o8 View Post
    Why?

I don't see the PS3 reclaiming a lot of the PS2's userbase. Many, many of those users are now part of the Xbox 360's userbase. It had an entire year on PS3 to attract a userbase, and it managed to deliver. I know that would keep me with the 360. The Xbox 360 is landing exclusive deals not only with games, but with services as well, as was evidented by their Netflix deal. I can see a 360 sitting in almost every home, as the PS2 pretty much did.
    I completely agree with you except that the PS3 now has a video service as of yesterday. I don't know if it's up to par with Netflix thoguh.

8. Games   -   #38
    Need to edit original post... FF XIII is no longer exclusive to PS3
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

9. Games   -   #39
    This is easy, 360!

10. Games   -   #40
    Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    PS3 rocks

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast