Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: NZB corrupt file

  1. #1
    Hey everyone,

    I have 2 CD's. cd1 and cd2. cd1 is fine. Not sure what the problem is with cd2. It's a corrupted file. Could it be fixed?
    Here is the message.

    I:\Movies\Fahrenheit 911.cd2.r47 CRC failed in dvp-fahrenheit 911.cd2.avi. The file is corrupt.

    Could that corrupt cd2 be fixed? I have QuickPAR but don't know how to use it. Will QuickPAR help?

  2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    24,069
    Yes.
    When you downloaded the movie it should have also come with some .PAR2 files.
    If not, you need to search for them (same file name as the movie, different extension).
    Each par2 file contains a certain amount of blocks. Depending on how badly damaged the rars are you may need just 1 small par2 file or all that you can find.
    More info here on how to use quickpar: https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-new...ckpar-132644/?

  3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    I kept trying to repair with QuickPAR over and over again but no luck at all. I still get the same message with WinRAR. I clicked the first PAR but it's only scanning that file and nothing else. I don't even know where to find PAR2 files at.






    Quote Originally Posted by rossco View Post
    Yes.
    When you downloaded the movie it should have also come with some .PAR2 files.
    If not, you need to search for them (same file name as the movie, different extension).
    Each par2 file contains a certain amount of blocks. Depending on how badly damaged the rars are you may need just 1 small par2 file or all that you can find.
    More info here on how to use quickpar: https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-new...ckpar-132644/?

  4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    24,069
    well where did you find the original rars that you downloaded?
    I tried searching for you but can't find anything...

  5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco View Post
    well where did you find the original rars that you downloaded?
    I tried searching for you but can't find anything...
    merlins-portal.net. It was the DivX/XviD movie.

  6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    24,069
    And they didn't post any PAR files?
    If they did and it's not enough blocks then the files are way too corrupt to repair.
    If they didn't post any then you're out of luck. The only way to repair is with PARs...

  7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Is this site free for NZB? I never used this site to download. What are the NZB section at?







    Quote Originally Posted by rossco View Post
    And they didn't post any PAR files?
    If they did and it's not enough blocks then the files are way too corrupt to repair.
    If they didn't post any then you're out of luck. The only way to repair is with PARs...
    http://www.merlins-portal.net/Vbulle...d.php?t=121248

    Well, PARs and NFO are included. I think I am doing it wrong. I have download before but never knew what I was doing with QuickPAR.
    Last edited by php111; 06-21-2008 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •