Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: SeedBox - Suggestions

arkan's Avatar Desitorrents Staff BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Thanks for the reply.

Which config did u get ? also how are ur server to computer ftp speeds ?

also usually what are your max, avg and min speeds that you get... ?

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    BANNED BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    i dont use ftp much actually... linux debian
    max 15 mb ul, average 10 mb dl, 7 8 mb ul speed, minumum speeds depends on how much seeders you get, you might get even 100 kb on it if there are so many seeder with seedbox, the key is to use mirc to know what is coming, then get it before others... irc is very effective in buffering

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    Cool, whats ur hardware config ? u took one of the dedicated servers right ?

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    BANNED BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    oh yeah kimsufi xxl actually you can check it out from ovh or seedbox.eu but on ovh it is named kimsufi xxl

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    Poster
    I did get one from Seedhost.eu

They resell OVH.

Speeds are decent. Downloads maxed out on 10MB/s.

The maximum upload rates i got was: 4.5MB/s

Any tried hosting-ie ? Better then OVH in general ?

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by hrishi2das View Post
    I need a suggestion on which provider to go in for hosting-ie(Lin 577) or seedhost.eu(Intel Pentium E2180 2 x 2GHz) ?

I have gone through many discussions here. and this is what I get...

Hosting-ie :

Not so good customer service, but improving, and better service on dedicated vs VPS. Speeds pretty good, did not hear any complaints on that,
    Better speeds with outside peers compared to OVH and OVH resellers.
    High setup fee,
    Monthly fee of 50Euro seems decent, especially as they let you hog 10TB / month with out any problems

Seedhost.eu:
    Well i dunno anything about this... except someone here said its very good...
    Also no setup fee.
    Monthly fee almost the same as hosting ie.

So should I just go in for hosting ie?

or is seedhost.eu reliable? because i havent really heard of seedhost outside this site, no review etc.

Also i talked to the hosting-ie customer service guy on ICQ and he responded very promptly and answered all questions.

Please suggest...

P.S. should I make a new thread of this ?
    Yes - you should have made a new thread!

I would go for OVH direct (not a reseller) or ie.hosting direct, that way when you need support you are actually talking to the main man!

Go for what you can afford, but the more RAM is always the better, and with ie.h you can easily ask them to install another GB or RAM for you, at a small extra cost.

Like all things, if you interact well with people then you will get better treatment back, so for me ie.h support works fine, for others who are more demanding, then it isn't so good.

And I answered you other post thus:

If it's a general question, then it is best answered generally and for all to see anyway

With a dedi 577, and RAM improved, there is no reason why you can't get 7-9MB/s down (you can max it to 10-11 but your upspeed will suffer) and at the same time get 7-9MB/s up, which is nearly as damned good as OVH & LW boxes, and without limits.

Most is down to the RAM you have, and your utorrent setup and finding the right torrents, but if you can seed long term on your box that is when you will see maximum benefit, especially with ScT packs

The 892 Pearl is outstanding value if you can llive with the setup costs and plan on having it long term, and if you can afford to pay for long term contract (6+ months) - they will either add some freebies or cut your cost of setup, it's all about how you ask
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    Poster
    SgtMajor,

Do u have a contact e-mail address for Hosting-ie ?

Thanks

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    email won't work - your email address has to be registered within their system for it to get through.

They have icq where you can chat with them, it is on their home page

If you plan on chatting with them, ask for promotion codes and that you can pay for 6+ months if you get a good deal with a promotion code
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    email won't work - your email address has to be registered within their system for it to get through.

They have icq where you can chat with them, it is on their home page

If you plan on chatting with them, ask for promotion codes and that you can pay for 6+ months if you get a good deal with a promotion code
    All Right Sgt, Thanks!

Yes, im planning to chat with them! Im currently on OVH with a reseller but i want to be directly with the company.

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post

With a dedi 577, and RAM improved, there is no reason why you can't get 7-9MB/s down (you can max it to 10-11 but your upspeed will suffer) and at the same time get 7-9MB/s up, which is nearly as damned good as OVH & LW boxes, and without limits.

Most is down to the RAM you have, and your utorrent setup and finding the right torrents, but if you can seed long term on your box that is when you will see maximum benefit, especially with ScT packs

The 892 Pearl is outstanding value if you can llive with the setup costs and plan on having it long term, and if you can afford to pay for long term contract (6+ months) - they will either add some freebies or cut your cost of setup, it's all about how you ask

Thanks for the reply, I am planning to take Dedic Raptor Pro Lin 577

Intel P4 3.0 GHz or Core2 Duo 2x2,0
    2x160 GB of HDD disk (Raid optional)
    1 GB of RAM (DDR Rec Ecc) (info)
    Also with raid0 on the HDDs.

Is this config enough not to have any bottlenecks other than the network ? I ask because on my existing seedbox, utorrent does not really take that much ram (I have a 128MB cache) !?? So is 1GB of ram going to be enough ?

also they have an option of getting 2x100mbps connection for 10Euro extra. i.e. they will give 2 physical ethernet cards... is this worth it ? will it mean more speed ? if I take it, I will run 2 utorrent processes, and bind each one to one NIC.

I usually seed on trackers that have lot of leechers. on Bollywood movie sites(Indian movies) So getting peers should not be a problem.

Also sgt, what FTP speeds do you get from hosting-ie ?

please advice.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by arkan; 07-08-2008 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast