Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dedicated Tracker vs. "0-day Tracker"

integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    I've been seeing a lot of new trackers pop up lately. Honestly, they all look identical to me; not by design, but by what they offer. They attempt to be '0-day', and have all the latest scene releases on their tracker as soon as possible, and therefore confine themselves to being rated only by their pretimes.

Some people have come to think "free leech" is a unique offering that separates you from other trackers; sure, it may entice some users to sign up since it does away with ratio fears, but how long do you think that free leech will last?

Personally, I think more dedicated trackers need to sprout up. And by dedicated I mean dedicated to a specific format, or type of media. (i.e. an anime tracker, sony tracker, marvel comic books). Sure, there may be other dedicated trackers for the category you choose, but look at the pluses:

You'll have more people signing up that are genuinely interested in the category you offer. By just doing a random scene release tracker, you're offering something that basically most other trackers offer.

Secondly, uploaders won't have to focus on other distracting releases; they'll only have to worry about uploading one type of content.

I've been mulling this idea around in my head, figured I'd share it and see what anyone else thinks about the situation.

they didn't built Rome in one day

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    forthat's Avatar ha..ha ..ha.. BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    i agree with man ........

but there are some dedicated tracker for specialized timeas....
    BCG for games (u can get every game as far as i know)
    Bimetv for tv (i have never seen a site like this i am getting every programme from ther event hough the speed was slow a bit)....

i think they are two dedicated tracker as far as i know.........

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    BANNED BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    It would be nice to see more dedicated trackers. But the problem with this is that the trackers want to have something exclusive(which is not a bad thing). But many are running out of choices. For Music you have Waffles,What.cd and others. For Xvid you have trackers such as PtN. For Games you have things such as BlackCats and Underground gamer.For tv you have Bitmetv and Tvtorrents. The list goes on.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    yes, what you're saying is true but the major drawback of that will be the limited number of users I think...
    but that will be according to the degree of specificity the site takes on...

if we're talking about a dedicated tracker for movies or games for example, then no problem, you will have the pre-times and the content you wish for...
    but you can't make it way too dedicated (like you say marvel comics) How many people you think will sign up there? and how rich the site is gonna be?

however I think I'll still go with the 0-day trackers, just pick a nice one and you'll find what you want

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I had a really long answer written until the board decided to eat it so I'll just be brief.
    What you see happening in the torrent world is the same thing that has happened in the business world for years.
    There is only room for so many Walmarts so if you hope to enter the game the only way is through specialization.
    Although I doubt if we ever see it to the degree you suggested integral,I don't doubt for a while a least we'll continue to see more and more speciality sites opening up.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I had a really long answer written until the board decided to eat it so I'll just be brief.
    What you see happening in the torrent world is the same thing that has happened in the business world for years.
    There is only room for so many Walmarts so if you hope to enter the game the only way is through specialization.
    Although I doubt if we ever see it to the degree you suggested integral,I don't doubt for a while a least we'll continue to see more and more speciality sites opening up.
    That actually happened to me twice while opening the thread..

But yeah, that Walmart analogy works really great, and I hope you're right about more speciality trackers opening.

they didn't built Rome in one day

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Ali-g's Avatar Joker BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I think the key is being nr.1 ... So if u CAN be nr.1 General tracker thats ok. But u have to give best pre-times best speeds etc,etc. Itll be a lot difficult, while growing a less-big dedicated site is far better and u can bring it to the top of its category step by step.

Lets face it even if u grow up a dedicated tracker which isnt in the top list for htat category itll be not very much of interest to ppl.

The Chase is Better than the Catch

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali-g View Post
    I
    Lets face it even if u grow up a dedicated tracker which isnt in the top list for htat category itll be not very much of interest to ppl.
    Make it incredibly hard to become a member,you'll have to beat them off with a stick.

Quote Originally Posted by integral View Post

But yeah, that Walmart analogy works really great, and I hope you're right about more speciality trackers opening.
    I hope so too but with all the pressure being applied by anti-piracy groups recently I'm worried that more trackers are going to be closing than opening.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    yea there are too many trackers...at this point i get confused where to leech my stuff from >.<
    i be lurking

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Ali-g's Avatar Joker BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Make it incredibly hard to become a member,you'll have to beat them off with a stick.
    Yeah Ive already pointed that out...
    Ill build my own site , which be extremely rare.
    Ill post there pics of the sh*t of my dog. And the only members will be me and my dog. So ull have to persuade one of us to get an invite I know it will be lvl. 20

The Chase is Better than the Catch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast