Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: New trackers.....

BANNED BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    I see that is your judgement, but did they know that brazil was behind the site being down? i mean if they knew, they would stop probably, still it is your judgement, and you probably warned them earlier...

2. BitTorrent   -   #52
    jayz707's Avatar the human BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by benchez View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumblin View Post
    i watch arabic movies and i dont even understand it
    That's just mental.
    why not download the subs?

Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    you get a nulled torrent, so passkey is all 000000000000000000, you then upload it to mininova, but they cant download the contents of that torrent, they get told to come and join XXXXX site.

they then have to come and join your site, to be able to download the contents of that torrent, and any other torrents you have on your site.

hopefully this snags them and they become a good member, other times, and which is more usually the case, they will join, grab 4 downloads, dont seed back, make another account or just cheat and make another account.

but if you have good staff, they are pretty easy to catch, but by that time they have already grabbed 4 new torrents and have them lol

this is why we are thinking about putting a wait time on the tracker, if you have to wait a couple of days to even download the torrent, i doubt your going to bother making dupe accounts.
    oh ok i get it but i wonder how successful this method is... i doubt most of them even know about private trackers and all the ideology behind them...

so if we ban Brazil from signing up, tough.

honestly the rest of the staff are lets ban Brazil and this has been going on for a year and a half. I am always NO, they have to learn sooner or later.

well a year and a half later they still havnt, and its getting to the stage now, where we may have to ban the whole country, just to save our sanity, its not just 1 or 2 that get in, its 1000`s of them lol (in all honesty this is why we were closed for so long, because of this problem)
    will banning the country solve the problem? can't they just use a proxy and signup...?
    Last edited by jayz707; 06-25-2008 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. BitTorrent   -   #53
    CPC464's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    you get a nulled torrent, so passkey is all 000000000000000000, you then upload it to mininova, but they cant download the contents of that torrent, they get told to come and join XXXXX site.

they then have to come and join your site, to be able to download the contents of that torrent, and any other torrents you have on your site.

hopefully this snags them and they become a good member, other times, and which is more usually the case, they will join, grab 4 downloads, dont seed back, make another account or just cheat and make another account.

but if you have good staff, they are pretty easy to catch, but by that time they have already grabbed 4 new torrents and have them lol

this is why we are thinking about putting a wait time on the tracker, if you have to wait a couple of days to even download the torrent, i doubt your going to bother making dupe accounts.
    thats how i got my account at filelist. by having to register there for a torrent i got at mininova. that was in 2005 and i have hardly used a public tracker since. i couldn't belive the speeds of fl compared to public trackers.

Filelist had wait times for new torrents, but my connection was so slow at the time i was better of waiting as couple of days for them than downloading at isohunt mininova etc

4. BitTorrent   -   #54
    BANNED BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    [quote=jayz707;2871306]
    Quote Originally Posted by benchez View Post

That's just mental.
    why not download the subs?

Try to find me the subs for ALqrain-Mal Ashaad..........exactly

5. BitTorrent   -   #55
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Don't want em? Don't join em.
    Go Leafs Go.

6. BitTorrent   -   #56
    BANNED BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by puckface View Post
    thanks for your input

might as welll asked my dog the question.

7. BitTorrent   -   #57
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    I just want to chime in a bit here. First off I want to repeat something system pointed out to me a while ago that the more new sites the better. We're all a lot safer if there is upteen new sites. It makes it easier to get lost in the crowd. Having three or four big sites makes it that much easier for us to be controlled.

It's up to torrenters to use their judgment on whether to join a new site. I say let them make millions of new sites but I'm only going to join if I feel they can be trusted. There are a few criteria that need to be filled before I'll sign up so just do your research. Find out if there's a reputable crew behind the scenes or if it's run by a bunch of prepubescent almost teenagers, or worse traders

Also, stoi asked why join a site where you don't speak the language. I can understand that but sometimes you want the content. For example I joined HHBase when it started up. It's Romanian (i think?) anyway at the time I couldn't understand a word not even the sign up page, but I knew they had a lot of cool hip hop and more importantly graffiti torrents so I was in.

8. BitTorrent   -   #58
    invadercat's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by puckface View Post
    +1.
    new trackers == more heads for the hydra
    sharing is a joy

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456