Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: [ ptn ]problematic site

phrenzy's Avatar Baked BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bilkenter View Post
    but if buffered, why not let him use it?
    That is all you ever mention isn't it? - buffering, buffered, buffer etc etc.

There is far more to torrenting than getting a seedbox and "buffering", you do realise that for every byte you overseed, someone down the chain cannot get their torrent back to 1:1 on their home pipe because of your greed?

You also seem to think that a buffer then gives you the opportunity to just leech & leech to use the "buffer up", well this is where HnR comes into play, most sites don't allow it, so for you to keep "buffering" so someone can use the buffer at a later date (in your warped mind) is 100% the wrong way to think about things.

I've said it before, you have a lot, a real lot, to learn about being a good torrenter.
    I don't think i could have said it better myself...Overseeding and preseeding is killing many users ratios who try to be good users and seed 1:1...
    Last edited by phrenzy; 06-26-2008 at 10:12 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #52
    BANNED BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    this is why. i would love to give it to someone who needs it...that is extra upload but is the problem about me?, i think we shall have a part in which, people with low ratios are displayed, or get rid of the ratio system after all, well for the first one, people might talk about position people with low ratio will be put and so forth, but the problem, in my opinion is with the tracker, why? because you dont know who to give extra upload after all, also you must seed a torrent to a certain point to give upload credits to someone. This is what makes transferring 100 gb upload to someone difficult

edit: i admit i have a lot to learn so do most of us, but if i were too greedy, i wouldnt share my other seedbox with 3 people for free, there are people offering high level trackers 6 or above for 3 4 days of seedbox, if i were too greedy i would take them all dude... anyway no matter what i say will change your opinion about me, so better leave it at that. Also, sergeant, you say that people are remembered with their actions and so forth, i wonder how you will be remembered by your actions... i know you are trying to help mostly, but sometimes rather than deterring people, use better means to do it, no wonder you are a soldier ha tough on people

Lastly, i dont think most people on bitmetv, sct, or whatsoever, are so thoughtful of the things that you mentioned...If i am greedy, u havent seen anyone with greed dude...
    Last edited by bilkenter; 06-26-2008 at 10:59 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #53
    nthpeter's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    Quote Originally Posted by phrenzy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post

That is all you ever mention isn't it? - buffering, buffered, buffer etc etc.

There is far more to torrenting than getting a seedbox and "buffering", you do realise that for every byte you overseed, someone down the chain cannot get their torrent back to 1:1 on their home pipe because of your greed?

You also seem to think that a buffer then gives you the opportunity to just leech & leech to use the "buffer up", well this is where HnR comes into play, most sites don't allow it, so for you to keep "buffering" so someone can use the buffer at a later date (in your warped mind) is 100% the wrong way to think about things.

I've said it before, you have a lot, a real lot, to learn about being a good torrenter.
    I don't think i could have said it better myself...Overseeding and preseeding is killing many users ratios who try to be good users and seed 1:1...
    And what if someone has a seedbox? He cannot download as much as he upload, or its very hard to do so, so his ratio will be bigger than 1.0. BUT, if noone had seedbox, then you can watch the dl speeds are around 50-100kb/s. I dont think seedboxes are bad on trackers like SCC with freeleech sections, or like PTN with no ratio. Seedbox owners boost the speed, and if you think this is bad, then use TPB and no seedbox based sites.

4. BitTorrent   -   #54
    i am not the only one who doenst agree with sergeant, good to hear

5. BitTorrent   -   #55
    invadercat's Avatar Poster
    i think trading is something where admin's and user's interests can conflict with each other.
    sharing is a joy

6. BitTorrent   -   #56
    there would be no admin without any user so whose interests shall be superior ? just kidding around, i am not saying anything like, users shall have much more voice in the torrent community

7. BitTorrent   -   #57
    bblogs's Avatar Damn Straight. BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I'd be the first one to disagree with an almight opinion from the Sgt, but in this case he is right...the best BT user leeches as much as he seeds.

Buffering with a seedbox is not a problem if you intend to leech it back (preferably in the near future) but I suspect this is not the case in your and a lot of others' situations

8. BitTorrent   -   #58
    yeah you are right, it is not case, if we havent had such a thing as ratio, i dont think i would buffer this much in the first place, yeah i will download 1 tb from scc, but in how many months? 2 months probably at most but those freeleeches make it so luvly that i download from there usually , i admit, i upload more than i download, but if we had a chance to share sincerely with each other our upload without a limit, it would be much more easier to give away your uploads on a certain site. But again, the inequality this will cause may be arguable, since people would probably give it to those who are near to the, if there was a place in which we could learn about who needs those uploads in my opinion this would create a sincere relationship between users at least the sincere ones

9. BitTorrent   -   #59
    NON TRADER BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13

you ever hear about capping your seed?? instead of letting the torrent continue .. you can tell it to stop at a certain percentage.. like lets say, 200% and it will stop seed at 200%.. so others can have a decent shot some ratio.. ???

has that ever occur to anyone?????? most likely not.. that would curb this "unintentional buffering".....

so, yes there are options here...... you just have to open your minds and ask the right questions!
    TRADING SUCKS DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. BitTorrent   -   #60
    or let you teach me thanks appreciated how do it do that on webui? didnt see any options there

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast