Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alt.binz + Astraweb Quest

Lo all

Ive finally got around to getting a usenet account!

So i ordered a usenet account yesterday ive only just successfully logged in today, but only because ive taken off the SSL tick box on servers tab.

On the Astraweb site its say ALL accounts SSL enabled so why is it i can only connect when SSL is not enabled?

Also i really want to be able to read headers again but i have no idea how to using alt.binz

Thanks!

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I'm not sure about the SSl question as I use Giganews.

Alt.Binz does not load headers, but with all the Usenet search engines and NZB sites around, who still uses headers anymore?

yo

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Poster
    keep in mind that you need different server for ssl
    astraweb ssl server is secure.news.astraweb.com

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by tnt View Post
    Thanks, although i can now connect to secure.news.astraweb.com (im in europe so do i need europe.secure.news.astraweb.com or anything similar?) everytime i connect alt.binz crashes on both my pc AND laptop, only when logging on with ssl to the secure servers

any help?

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    limpdickkid's Avatar Free Ringdings rule BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by JadeFox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tnt View Post
    Thanks, although i can now connect to secure.news.astraweb.com (im in europe so do i need europe.secure.news.astraweb.com or anything similar?) everytime i connect alt.binz crashes on both my pc AND laptop, only when logging on with ssl to the secure servers

any help?
    no, its not different for european users.

Alt.Binz, normally, changes the port automatically to 563 as soon as you click on SSL, I hope you didnt change that back to 119 or something else. The port for SSL is 563(and 443). Maybe thats why its crashing.
    Search RS: Click
    To get the latest scene releases on RS with good pre-times goto: http://www.rslinks.org/
    Alt.Binz 0.28.2
    For an organised list of NZB searching and indexing sites go here -> Click Me...4 N.Z.B. ...it rhymes
    For latest goals goto: www.101greatgoals.com
    To stream sports goto www.myp2p.eu

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by limpdickkid View Post
    no, its not different for european users.

Alt.Binz, normally, changes the port automatically to 563 as soon as you click on SSL, I hope you didnt change that back to 119 or something else. The port for SSL is 563(and 443). Maybe thats why its crashing.
    Yeah i found that out when i wasnt connecting, i am using 563 to connect but everytime i do the program crashes, cpu stays at 50% and says its not responding, left it for 30 mins and still the same so i dont really know what else to do!

Also i just found out my ISP is going to start blocking all P2P and Usentet traffic in a few days time!!! WHEN WILL IT END?!

so my second question is how can i bypass these blocks?

sorry about all the questions

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Accessing Usenet with SSL encryption should get around the block.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by h1pp0 View Post
    Accessing Usenet with SSL encryption should get around the block.
    I was thinking that myself, someone i know said that isnt happening, he says there choking it at the usenet end.... im not too sure hat he means by that.

but the trouble is alt.binz crashes when i try to use SSL, or do you mean another way?

ive got this program that usea proxy and uses SSH tunneling or something, not use it yet, but what else could i do to get around the block, what other programs are there?

Also alt.binz is constantly crashing now, it cant go about 3 hours without crashing and it really getting to annoy me, what the most stable program out there?

Sorry about all the questions but its never straight forward it seems :/

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    I've never have alt.binz crash on me, what OS are you using? What version of alt.binz also? I find that version 0.28.1 is very solid.

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    *Edit: Although i download v0.25 according to the site it says version 0.28.1 when i click version, my OS is windows XP

Apparently my OS is Blocking all usenet and P2P traffic as of tomorrow! I need a fix and fast! what could i use to make it look like the bandwith is coming from a HTTP/internet source rather than usenet?

what could do this?

thanks in advanced
    Last edited by JadeFox; 06-30-2008 at 07:45 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast