Thread: Tl problem, in order not to spam other thread

BANNED BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    http://www.torrentleech.org/faq.php

What are Invites for and how can i use them ?

Invites are for giving to people you know and trust.Trading Torrentleech invites will get you and any one you invite banned. If you invite a cheat you will get a warning for the first one if it ever happens again you will be banned too. Trading means posting TL invites on any forum giving away for free or asking for something in return in either case TL class's this as trading and your account will be banned The sale of invites to this site is strictly forbidden and results in both the inviter and invitee losing their accounts. If you come across an auction from someone claiming to have permission to sell invitations to this site, it's a lie. Do not believe positive feedback ratings; if you buy an invite, we will know about it and you will lose your account.
    I saw them on the faqs later, but there is nothing on the rules, and if you read the rules, the reasons for getting banned or getting warned is there. And among the rules, there isnt any talk about trading or ga which would cause me to get a warn, and i did get a warn...What is the point of putting them into 2 different spaces anyway? If the reasons for warn or ban is stated in one place, they all must be in one place. The reasons for ban or warnings shall not be scattered into different places. Also what is faqs? Frequently asked questions right? I would go there if i see need any problem to be solved, or any problem that i would encounter. For example, if i need to learn about the classes, i would go there. But i dont think, issues like trading or ga shall be put under that category in anyway. Also the reason i tried to ga them because there has been others who did ga before me... and nothing happened to them... Is this justice? Also, i am an human not an animal, a warning would be more than enough, admin didnt have to take back my invites since i wouldnt give them away anyway... Anyway i learnt three things
    1)Dont ever act before you ask to the staff
    2)GA is detrimental
    3)honesty is a vice. I could have used proxy and a fake name to get here everytime. This way, i would have eluded such a confrontation with admin. But i didnt, some may think of this act as naive, but it wasnt, i just wanted to be honest in the forum as much as possible and look how that turned out...

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    To be brutally honest, you are one of the worst "torrenting" blokes I have ever had the misfortune to come across, you have no idea whatsoever what torrenting is all about and what it encompasses.

You may be the cleverest & nicest bloke on the planet as far as I know, but as for your attitude to torrent sites, their staff and the actual torrents, you just don't have a clue.

You may not like what they do, or how they go about their business, how they treat members, their attitude, but it is their rules, their FAQ and their site after all and we are only guests using an account they kindly allowed us to use, we have no rights.

If you don't like how they operate, then by all means create your own site(s) with what you consider to be the best policies for your needs, and see how long it lasts.

The best advice I can give you is learn how usenet works, there are no rules you have to abide by there and you can leech all you want without anyone getting on any high horses about what you do and how you do it.

The other choice is to slow down. to learn what being a good torrenter is, to ask questions before leaping and get to know people, friends, staff, and what they are looking for from their members. After all that, you may still not like the outcome, but at least you will understand what they do and for what reasons they do it.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    you are right about one thing though, it is their sites, i was just suggesting smt actually... it would be better for sites to put faqs or rules in order so that you dont get warned or banned for smt that you didnt intended too... I used usenet and it sucks..... Definitely sucks, the best thing for me to use is rapidshare i guess. Also i am definitely considering my own site with my own rules (there would be a constitution whose rules wouldnt change no matter what) other issues will be taken into consideration as collective. For example banning someone or warning him... anyway...

ps: this was the best answer i got from you, thanks m8

also i shall admit it is my mistake too, if i acted to suggest this before i got warned ... it would have been for both sides...

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Ali-g's Avatar Joker BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    +1 SgtMajor. Actually the bare truth is that even if its bad for us, if trackers dont begin doing this they will be an easy-aim by Anti-Piracy groups.. and its their tracker they can do what they want

The Chase is Better than the Catch

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Raban's Avatar Poaster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    bilkenter i enjoy your posts and i think you've taught all of us about bittorent and what its all about

don't hold back sharing your opinions and insights ... i am sure i'm not the only one who enjoys your posts. keep up the good work

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    bblogs's Avatar Damn Straight. BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by Raban View Post
    bilkenter i enjoy your posts and i think you've taught all of us about bittorent and what its all about

don't hold back sharing your opinions and insights ... i am sure i'm not the only one who enjoys your posts. keep up the good work
    hahaha

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Enlightened's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by Raban View Post

Fat chance he will be "Holding his Thoughts, especially his Opinions".......LMAO

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    It is an honour to teach you all kids Be prepared for the next lesson, how to use usenet

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    BANNED BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    When you signed up to TL you clicked 2 boxs 1 saying you had read and agreed to the rules the other to say you had read the FAQ
    not knowing the site rules means you did not bother to read them and TL can not be held to blame for that.

i was the one that warned you and removed your invites due to you breaking the rules i think i was more then fair i could of banned you for doing what you did.

as to others getting away with it yes some do for a while but in the end i find 99% of them.

if your that unhappy with TL now send me a pm on TL and i will be happy to return you donation and close your account.

but heres a tip for you when i gave you the warning if you had pmed me or talked to me on irc i might of given you invites back due to you learning your lesson but as i can see you have set yourself a nice sig pointing out your a trader now that will never happen