Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nicotine's Revenge...

brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Piss off Chalice. I'm keeping the baby. I'm giving up the Bushmills and I'm only drinking beer. I'm going to be the best mother ever.

Btw, I'm not an alcoholic ffs. I'm a drunk.

-bd

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Squeamous's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by brotherdoobie View Post
    My wife wants me to quit the smokes. I've been trying, like. It's been two days since I've had a puff of poison. The missus has left for work and
    I've found a pack of Marlboros that has three withered, stale, and limp imitations of a cigarette left in it.

Ah...cancer has never tasted so well. It's sad, really. However, self denial sucks bawls - and I'm really lazy.

-bd
    I tend to think telling people to do stuff and expecting them to comply is futile and egotistical. Do what you want.....tell her I said it was ok .

3. Lounge   -   #23
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeamous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by brotherdoobie View Post
    My wife wants me to quit the smokes. I've been trying, like. It's been two days since I've had a puff of poison. The missus has left for work and
    I've found a pack of Marlboros that has three withered, stale, and limp imitations of a cigarette left in it.

Ah...cancer has never tasted so well. It's sad, really. However, self denial sucks bawls - and I'm really lazy.

-bd
    I tend to think telling people to do stuff and expecting them to comply is futile and egotistical. Do what you want.....tell her I said it was ok .

It never works. Squeamous ftw!

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Squeamous's Avatar Poster
    My OH was a smoker when we met. I know it's wrong, but I liked the way he swaggered around at work hauling barrels and looking rough with a fag dangling from between his lips. And the way he'd play pool with it in the corner of his mouth so the smoke stung one eye and he had to squint down the pool cue with the other .

He gave it up a few years ago shortly before moving in with me. He had tried before but this time he said he just 'knew' it was for good, and he never looked back. He reckons he still craves a fag. My dad's an ex-smoker of a couple of decades and he says he does too. They make do with cigars on special occasions because it's 'allowed' .

You just have to do these things in your own time, if at all. I read a quote recently that said 'women marry men hoping they will change, men marry women hoping they won't'

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeamous View Post
    'women marry men hoping they will change, men marry women hoping they won't'
    True that :sage:

6. Lounge   -   #26
    DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2
    Get on the those nicotine patches and wain yourself off slowly but surely.

http://familydoctor.org/online/famdo...bacco/191.html

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123