Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Virus Whats The Point?.

Why is it that people feel the need to create VIRUS software is it just people with pathetic insignificant lives and nothing better to do.

As an experiment I disabled my antivirus auto detect for a little over a week (very brave or just stupid?) only to find that I had accumulated 86 viruses 40 of which were the same and had been generated from a single file.

It is appalling how many sad people there are writing this stuff with no clear goal as this stuff could not possible do any harm, luckily I never got infected with the bad viruses that can do real damage, only menial stuff and backdoor Trojan’s which my firewall block for me (Thanks Norton).

Why don’t these people do something constructive instead like produce antivirus software or firewalls (little bit of irony there).

Clearly there is no real gain in producing most of this stuff so it makes me wonder is it just the companies marketing prevention software that create these things to force you to buy there products.

NOTE: I would not advise anyone to copy my experiment as there is some nasty stuff out there and you may not be as lucky as I was.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    hopefully you also disabled the sharing of files while you were running your experiment

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Off course I'm not a some kind of evil Virus speading fiend.

NOTE:I'm glad to see that some people are conserned about these things.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    of course I would be concerned.... I just got my AV set back up last night after having to un-install it for some trouble shooting, no uploads or downloads for me for 2 weeks

5. Lounge   -   #5
    keyser_soze's Avatar Poster
    HHmmmm virus writers that also make AV software now there's a conspiracy theory But yeah I think your right virus writers are just bed wetters who got bullied at school that think they can make there mark on the world by trying to fook your pc up which as u say just gets trashed by your AV softaware??
    Better off if they be constructive with there bitterness and try and make some cash out of it

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Poster
    they also get a lovely trip to prison, and get fined for alot of money. Maybe they like that kinda thing all i gotta say is if u get good AV software u got nothing to worry from

7. Lounge   -   #7
    I think you guys fail to see the point of my post it has nothing to do with av software.

and he is right use the good stuff and quit with the cheap sh,it.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    keyser_soze's Avatar Poster
    I wonder what it is about jail that they find appealing

9. Lounge   -   #9

10. Lounge   -   #10
    I think most of the people who
    right viruses just want to prove
    to themselves and to some others
    that they have some kind of power
    and are UB3R-L33T-H4X0R5.

They are actually just proving to us
    that they are losers who have no life.