Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: do i need a seedbox on this tracker?

CPC464's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    i dont need a seed box, i just download what i need or am asked for. i have been using btorrent for years and have great ratios on all my trackers. i just seed 24/7. if i download something i want with no leechers i just make my ratio up on another torrent with lots of leechers - easy.

i doubt a lot people with seedboxes even know what they have downloaded let alone use it. just obsessed with buffering there accounts without ever using them for the reason they're there.

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    monk3y's Avatar Pirate's Life for me BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    1mb/s is not even close to the average speed of home connection upload, get back to reality.

I can not get passed 20kbp/s which is lame and impossible to set a 1:1 ration on most sites.

Do not pm me requesting for invites as i have none to spare
    Signature & Avatar Rules

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    i think you are wrong....for ScT you need a seedbox i wouldnt be able to last with my 6/768 connection
    i be lurking

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    I have sct, and I survived just fine with only 40kb/s upload, then they gave me up to 80kb/s upstream. Hell, I even got ~100gb buffer over a period of time before the speed increase. Now with only 0.75% of dl counted, its easier then ever! Thing is, you can't just go crazy dling anything and everything. Seedboxes are only needed for those who can't control their download habbits, or uploaders.

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman51 View Post
    i think you are wrong....for ScT you need a seedbox i wouldnt be able to last with my 6/768 connection
    you are wrong.. i never had a problem with the third of your connection
    i dont know how it is nowadays, bc i still use µt 1.6.1 but i can not imagine that is harder than a year ago^^
    you only have to pay attention to what you are doing the first weeks on a tracker. after that your ratio should be good enough to download what you want, when you want or the tracker just isnt for you

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    The Flying Cow's Avatar windowlicker BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I don't see the point of discussing this matter. How many times have we read here about this exact same discussion...
    It's inevitable that different people will voice differing opinions, invariably right in their own ways.
    A seedbox is good to make fast buffers, whereas home connections of average quality in any civilized nation (with, say, 1mbit upstream) work for slow buffer creation.
    Yes, some sites make buffer creation difficult (BMTV, BM, and so forth), and yes, the seedbox helps make it easy.

Anything here we didn't already know?

-Sherman

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    NO you don`t need a seedbox on any tracker .. hmmm maybe on bitmetv

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    is very hard to seed in BitmeTV our SCT so need SeedBox...

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    deadalive1's Avatar VS ***** BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by leomero View Post
    is very hard to seed in BitmeTV our SCT so need SeedBox...
    Not true. It's all about not grabbing everything in sight. Get in early on a torrent. Make sure you are fully connectible (I see a lot who aren't). If there are free leeches on a TV pack or movie pack (grab those and let them run for X amount of days,weeks etc.).
    Please do not randomly PM asking for invites as I have none to give out. Have a nice day.

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    colbert's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    No one needs a seedbox, but it is nice to have and kind of a necessity if you are a hardcore torrenter.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast