Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: do i need a seedbox on this tracker?

ConkiZz's Avatar Arrrgh! BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    Quote Originally Posted by colbert View Post
    No one needs a seedbox, but it is nice to have and kind of a necessity if you are a hardcore torrenter.
    If you have 56k then u need a seedbox But nowadays most people can get good speed with ADSL. At least we in Sweden And we also got a big fiber network.

2. BitTorrent   -   #52
    colbert's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    damn you Swedes and your fast internet!

3. BitTorrent   -   #53
    Quote Originally Posted by ConkiZz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by colbert View Post
    No one needs a seedbox, but it is nice to have and kind of a necessity if you are a hardcore torrenter.
    If you have 56k then u need a seedbox But nowadays most people can get good speed with ADSL. At least we in Sweden And we also got a big fiber network.
    If you have 56k then you would NOT need a seedbox. Let me explain:
    How do you propose to get the files from the seedbox to your computer?
    Do you have any idea how long it would take to transfer any dvd or recent game?
    It would be pointless unless you were just buffering to trade the account later.

4. BitTorrent   -   #54
    deadalive1's Avatar VS ***** BT Rep: +2
    I don't think anyone uses dial up any more. It's archaic. Most have either cable or DSL, well here in the U.S that is.
    Please do not randomly PM asking for invites as I have none to give out. Have a nice day.

5. BitTorrent   -   #55
    Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Iīve seen some things since Polarbear opened this post...
    A friend lend me a seedbox and Iīve been using it for about 10 days.
    Perhaps itīs just me or I see notable differences between today and 3 months ago.

Even with a seedbox today is not so easy to get extraordinary buffers, mostly in some top sites, like S*T and F*N, unless oneself becomes a slave of that compulsive fever that itīs so popular today.
    Ten days ago I had a ratio of 3 at S*T, today I have 3.4, but yes, I got promotion in few days, with my home connection it would have taken me several months.
    Itīs madness... i.e. I see a new DVDr release, perhaps 2 seeders and 8 leechers, in the time I download the .torrent, open it and begins to download it there are 4 or 5 seeders already... OK, I download the movie in few minutes, when itīs finished there are 10 seeders and 10 leechers, for 4 or 5 minutes I get amazing upload speeds and get 1:1 ratio, but then almost... no leechers, and speeds are far away from MBs... 50/150KBs... of course, we are 20 or more seeders with seedboxes and the leechers are mostly regular users with regular connections. At the end, after 3 days I can get 3-3.5 ratio.
    The other way is using RSS and download everything downloadable... but I canīt find the sense to it.
    OK, I must confess... Itīs kinda an addiction... but Iīm becoming a slave of this thing and thatīs not reasonable... itīs supposed that torrenting is for having a good time and grab useful things... I canīt and I donīt want to be in front of my PC refreshing torrents page every 3 seconds in 4 or 5 different sites, sweating like a pork and stressed with that crazy look.
    As a side note, in others sites like TL or TorrentBytes things are slightly different... there you can get amazing ratios and buffers... there are so many leechers that you are always uploading at very good speeds.
    And if we talk about not "high level" trackers, the thing can be absolutely madness... I got a 21:1 ratio in one site in 1 day.

In short, in ten days, in these excellent sites I got almost similar ratio with my home connection than with seedbox, the only relevant difference is the amount of data.

Iīll come back to my habits... Iīll run the long distance race with my home connection... Iīll seed until it dies and Iīll get very good ratios, as I always did... and the money I was thinking to spend in a box Iīll use it for donating to those sites that really deserve it and where I feel happy.

But, please, donīt misunderstand me, Iīm not criticizing seedboxes or seedboxers... thanks to them we all get benefits, and I know there are people who upload stuff for others to enjoy it waiting for nothing in change, and there are people that really like to share, not for promotions or that greedy feeling of seeing TB in their profiles. Itīs just that I donīt find the sense in my particular case.
    And yes, now Iīm convinced, absolutely convinced that itīs not necessary to have seedbox for surviving in any tracker, unless you are looking desperately for promotions.

6. BitTorrent   -   #56
    p0ster
    agree with OP, there are no trackers that REQUIRE a seedbox to survive

they make the job a lot easier though

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456