Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Uk Broadband

ive had bt broadband for a year next mont and so far no probs. its it works out at 6 pound a week. ive downloaded abot half a gig/1 gig a day on and off and so far no red letters have come telling me to back off from p2p (touch wood)

has any1 had said letter from bt yet?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    had bt broadband 9 months great no probs and no red letters

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    these sites help:

ISPReview
    ADSLGuide

have a look at Eclipse or Bulldog in particular
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Ex-member
    For a UK ISP I'd definitely recommend Eclispe Internet - these are the guys I'm with and the service is second to none

ADSL service ("ADSL Connect 500 Lite")
    For 512k down / 256k up: £23.99 a month (inc. vat)

Information on why you should switch to eclispe.net

Details of services provided

Details of pricing

Only problem is that you have to buy your own hardware, so there's a high inital cost, but after that you're well set up .

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    lynx's Avatar .
    I would be very wary of taking any notice of reviews posted in ISPReview.

I just looked at their 'reviews' based on cost, and the cheapest (pipex) was posted at number 12, while vispa (one of the more expensive options) was posted at number 10. Their reviews are based on a very small number of customer comments, usually made by people who know no better, or some that I would be tempted to suggest have been posted by the ISP themselves.

Btw, I did find one that was cheaper than pipex, but it actually posted that it did not support p2p, so I discounted that one. The websites of two others were so poor that after five minutes I still had not found any pricing information, so I decided they probably weren't worth looking at.

ADSLGuide on the other hand gives information which they appear to have gathered themselves. Here, I found 2 ISP's which are cheaper if you already have your own equipment, but are considerably more expensive than pipex if you need the modem and filters.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    i'm seriously considering getting pipex adsl, however, i'm not sure how good the binary newsgroups are

are there any pipex customers out there who can give more info, please
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    when i first moved 2 the uk i was using AOl, wot a load of shit, so i changed 2 Freeserve and i think there the dog&#39;s nuts

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Originally posted by MetroStars@17 August 2003 - 14:52
    when i first moved 2 the uk i was using AOl, wot a load of shit, so i changed 2 Freeserve and i think there the dog&#39;s nuts
    i&#39;m on freeserve 56k just now, and it&#39;s good, but the broadband isn&#39;t as cheap as pipex...
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    yea i had the 56k 2 start with, no problems just so slow.. but there Broadband is gr8, bit pricey at 27 pounds a month...

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    lynx's Avatar .
    Pipex is one of the longest established uk service providers. I&#39;m pretty sure it&#39;s newsgroups will surpass anything offered by Freeserve.

I just wish I wasn&#39;t stuck with f***ing BTBroadwank for another 9 months. Perhaps I should try downloading about 3 gigs per day (they&#39;ve got a 1 gig limit) and see if they threaten to cancel my connection. Should have done more research before I signed up.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast