Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A question about pish samples

The Flying Cow's Avatar windowlicker BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10

Question Mark

I had some medical tests done today for my new upcoming job, but I don't know if I'm going to pass them, I'll tell ye why.

The guy told me to bring with me the morning's urine in a small bottle. I asked my brother to provide, as he's as clean as anyone, and I broke my fasting by having a few tokes from 2 spliffs on tuesday night. The medical exam was this morning (Thursday morning).

Anyway, all was fine until the lady, upon getting my brother's pish sample, asked me for a second sample, after proferring me a tiny vial to fill.

My question is: can the doctors tell it's my brother's vs. my piss? AKA: Does two different person's pish (even if brothers) look very different? Can it be identified as being from two different people? (positive cannabinoids/THC aside)

Please reply with some degree of sincerity if you know about this matter, as I'm really worried (in fact more worried) that they find out I was lying by giving my brother's pish than that they see the second sample has THC in it.

Regards,
    -Sherman

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    i had this done once ... no problems in pish as its "drained out" in around three days i think

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    I meant if I gave a pish sample from me brother, and then I pished some myself after they asked - can they tell it's from two different people? (THC/whatever aside)

-Sherman

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    yeah man DUH!!! .. y did u give them ur own sample afterwards??

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    惡魔的提倡者

Question Mark

Unless they do a DNA test then I can't see how they could tell genetically, but just from visual there is no way of telling as your own urine will look different throughout the day depending on what's in your body.

If the second sample is taken to catch out cheaters such as yourself you are probably busted. You could get lucky if you are clean, but if your sample contains traces and your brother's does not chances are they will put 2 & 2 together and get 4.
    A lot depends on what the company pays for in regards to the tests and what that second sample is for. Some tests are far more comprehensive.

The lesson here is if you do drugs don't apply for employment with a company that requires testing.

I have no problem with your habit, I would not do drugs myself but see no difference between pot and alcohol consumption as long as you don't drive or cause a disturbance etc. under the influence.
    I do have a conflict with company drink drug policies. On the one hand as long as you don't turn up for work under the influence, and I mean it's out of your system and doesn't affect your performance or judgment, then what you do in your own time should be of no concern to the company. On the other hand I believe a company should have every right to decide what sort of employee they want.
    In your case it's not just the drug usage policy you are breaking, you are also dishonest and therefore not attractive as an employee.

I'm not trying to be combative here or even judgmental, just pointing out a few home truths.

Last edited by devilsadvocate; 07-10-2008 at 03:56 PM. Reason: because I wanted to

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Unless your brother is pregnant you should be OK

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Most places are just testing to see if you suffer from Diabetes. If you used your brothers sample to get the all clear on a urine drug test then there may be problems if you have been taking drugs. If the second sample is not clear then problems will arise. If one of you just happens to have Diabetes they will be asking why the sudden onset or the sudden disappearance.

Some recreational drugs take over 3 months to get out off your system. If the second test is not clear then they will assume that you have taken drugs between the two samples. Not a good sign.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Well I didn't smoke much as I've generally stopped stoning since around February, for lack of funds and also for a general drop in interest.

Thing is, I am scheduled to start working 28th July (if all goes well with this medical situation), so I starting holidaying/"partying" early July (whole of June I was already relaxing), as I know that when work starts (fulltime) I won't have any more horiday time.

As many of my ex-schoolmates are stoners, even if I don't smoke, occasionally I take a toke here or there. That's what happened on Tuesday, even though I had already been informed that I had to bring along a sample of my piss for the medical test on Thursday. I just thought I'd ask my brother and that was the end of that.

In any case, if they do find cannabinoids in the second sample, I can just tell them as I was going there I saw a mate and he had a spliff, so I took a few tokes.

Truth be told I'm not a cannabis user myself anymore, just a sporadic "curious" person.

I just hope that they don't disregard me, whatever happens. I mean, I've been waiting and expecting this job for more than a month now. It would be real shitty if they just didn't hire me because of such a minor hiccup.

Oh well, I'll just have to wait and see.

-Sherman

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Chances are, the small amount of THC you've consumed won't turn up. Hope so, mate. Sincerely.

Why didn't you post this pre-emptively in the lounge before hand? We may be a bunch of cunts, but you'll invariably get some sort of coherent answer eventually.

I would have told you to grow your thumbnail prior to the interview. You can stick your thumbnail in a bleach based washing detergent before you leave the house. When they summon you for an impromptu urine test, you piss on your thumb as it goes into the receptacle. This will nullify the urine test and you will be called back for another one because the sample will be negated. Giving you time to wash out your system, like.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    ^ woh!!!! r u sure abt this mate ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast