Thread: Dope (the Band)

Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    (Well considering Musicworld is flooded with RIAA stuff...i will put it back on track with MUSIC!!!!!!...thankyou )

Anyways onto what i was gonna talk about...a band Called Dope...

They have released 2 albums so far...

Their Debut Album

Felons and Revolutionaires

Tracklist

1. Pig Society
    2. Debonaire
    3. Everything Sucks
    4. Sick
    5. Kimberly's Ghost
    6. Spine for You
    7. One Fix
    8. Fuck the Police
    9. Intervention
    10. America the Pitiful
    11. Shitlife
    12. Wake Up
    13. I Am Nothing
    14. You Spin Me 'Round [Like a Record]
    (The last 2 songs are on the re-release)

Their 2nd Album

Life

1. Take Your Best Shot
    2. Now Or Never
    3. Nothing (Why)
    4. Stop
    5. Thanks For Nothing
    6. Die MF Die
    7. What About...
    8. Move It
    9. Jenny's Cryin'
    10. With Or Without You
    11. Crazy
    12. Slipping Away
    13. March Of Hope

AMG Biography ---- would put the official bio up but most of you would think it was too long...

Dope is a New York-based quintet led by brothers Edsel Dope (lead vocals, rhythm guitar) and Simon Dope (keyboards). Children of divorced parents, the two grew up separately in Florida. Simon studied chemistry at the University of Florida, then received a scholarship to Polytechnic in Brooklyn. There, he was joined by his brother; the two claim to have financed their demos by selling drugs. Raiding other bands for lead guitarist Tripp Eisen, bass player Acey Slade, and drummer Preston Nash, they began a selective series of gigs in late 1997. In October 1998, they were signed to Flip Records, which made a production deal with Epic. Dope's debut album, Felons and Revolutionaries, was released in September 1999. The Dope brothers gutted their lineup after the ensuing tour, switching Slade to guitar and bringing in original bassist Sloane Jentry, guitarist Virus and drummer Sketchy Shay. In the fall of 2001, they released their second album, Life
    oh and if you go onto AMG and read about the albums *Bradley Torreano* who reviews Life is an absolute f*ckhead who doesn't know what he is talking about...

2. Music   -   #2
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Do you have these in shared?

*Nevermind...just remembered.....get errors browseing you. *

3. Music   -   #3
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Dope

Now onto Dope's new album

Group Therapy (Thanks to Jibbler for the Advance copy)

The Tracklist Is (this is not confirmed)

1. Falling Away
    2. Bitch
    3. I Am
    4. Motivation
    5. Sing
    6. Now Is The Time
    7. Parinoia
    8. Bring It On
    9. Another Day Goes By
    10. Today Is The Day
    11. Burn
    12. Easier
    13. So Low
    14. Sing (Alt Version)

*I got all the following info from unconfirmed sources*

the new cd titled "group therapy" is due to come out in october
    they are also planning on 10 or more videos to put ON THE CD so you can WATCH as well as LISTEN!!!!!

4. Music   -   #4
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@15 August 2003 - 05:43
    Do you have these in shared?

*Nevermind...just remembered.....get errors browseing you. *
    Yes i do have them shared...im still trying to work out everything i can so that everyone can veiw my files *stupid uni files*...*you could ask jetje what he did to veiw my files*..because i think he was having the same trouble...

5. Music   -   #5
    CrumbCat's Avatar Cachaça or Cachaça
    Sounds good, Celerystalksme - hoping to hear them soon.

oh and if you go onto AMG and read about the albums *Bradley Torreano* who reviews Life is an absolute f*ckhead who doesn't know what he is talking about...
    Yeah, that happens sometimes.

Tchau!

6. Music   -   #6
    Originally posted by CrumbCat@15 August 2003 - 05:56
    Sounds good, Celerystalksme - hoping to hear them soon.

Yeah, that happens sometimes.

Tchau!
    Yeah they a real mixed bag like myself

And sometimes??...those AMG geeks pay out every single band that is not mainstream...especially Bradley Torreano that tosser...Brian O'Neill and Stephen Thomas are total cocksnatches aswell

7. Music   -   #7
    Put to much effort into this post for it to be over-run by b!tching little noobs complaining about there crappy kazaa downloaded songs...

8. Music   -   #8
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    it seems like the 2 ppl jetje and celery who share alot of files have problem browsing their files

I wish ss made it easy way to do this better maybe doa % thing or something

btw it souds alright I might flog a copy off u

9. Music   -   #9
    Originally posted by Hogster@15 August 2003 - 17:53
    it seems like the 2 ppl jetje and celery who share alot of files have problem browsing their files

I wish ss made it easy way to do this better maybe doa % thing or something

btw it souds alright I might flog a copy off u
    Yeah...but a few problems have been fixed up and now i think all the big guns are able to see each others files *soon we will have all the music* ...

But yeah i really like this band...cause every song has a kinda different sound...so yeah its a really cool sound...some hard rock songs, some metal songs, some kina rappish songs and some really mellow songs...

They came to stardom with the You Spin Me 'Round [Like a Record] that was featrued on the American Physco soundtrack (even though on the p2p they didn't get much credit for it because some d!ckheads didnt name it correctly and shared it as marylin manson)...then came out again with an awsome song for The Fast and Furious Soundtrack named Debonaire...

Another good fact for the band is that they have sold half a million copies of albums all up...and thats pretty big for a still undergroundish metal band...And yeah even with all those sales (shows how f*cked up EPIC record company is)...they are still broke as and rely on the sales of merchandise to keep themselves going...So im gonna buy their new CD when it comes out in October to keep the band alive...

10. Music   -   #10
    Well yeah 2 months to go until an officail copy...but the advance copy is circulating pretty well...and its been the hottest download off me on soulseek this past week...so im gathering word is getting around and there are a lot of people who like them...So im happy