View Poll Results: Should I say hell with vista and go back to XP pro?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

79 72.48%
  • No

30 27.52%
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Go back to XP or keep vista?

messiaah's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    yeaa vista suckss as of now till they do something abt it

2. Software & Hardware   -   #42
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by messiaah View Post
    Can you list five reasons you think this is so?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #43
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by messiaah View Post

I can give you a couple , Final Fantasy 11 , and the annoying security pop ups I can never seem to get rid of . I found XP Pro faster on my system .

I'm D/L Vista 32bit Black Edition 2009 SP1 as I type , thought I'd try after my failed XP 64 experiment .

Quote :

This Operating system is purely designed from Genuine Vista Ultimate by Benjamin. It will be more comfortable, faster and reliable when compared to other vista operating systems. All the error which the user faced in vista ultimate are fixed and tweaked. New hot fixes, updates and the Vista SP1 package are integrated. All the dream scene packs are activated. The Dolby digital plugins are also integrated for more fun with musics. New windows sounds, New Gadgets, New Login screen, New Default theme and more…. You can install any hardware without any problem, all the hardware errors are fixed. Just install this Black Edition 2009 and start your work. No need of installing any 3rd party softwares by searching the CD’s or DVD’s. All the softwares which you need to run quickly after installing a OS are inside.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #44
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post

I can give you a couple , Final Fantasy 11 , and the annoying security pop ups I can never seem to get rid of .
    Although I'm not familiar with the game, within five minutes Google turned up any number of workarounds/patches to enable FF11 in Vista.
    Disabling UAC seems to remove the security popups...I haven't seen one in months.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. Software & Hardware   -   #45
    #Palestinian#'s Avatar Assistant.......
    About "annoying security pop ups" u can disable it from control panel the go to accounts/users , from their choose ur acc , I think u should turn off the last option (I don't remember cause i deleted vista and re-installed win XP sp3 ).

I think ur problem will be solved after doing that. And by the way , windows vista is so much complex .

6. Software & Hardware   -   #46
    @ clocker , ya I tried a few patches . It was for a fellow member Redhead68,my workmate . We tried everything to no avail and she is so impatient . She formatted three times yesterday , Win XP 64 , Black XP and a clean XP pro w/sp2 . She thought the last one one worked best out of the box with new ATI drivers .

Hey what are you going to do , if a gamer you have to jump thru hoops . Luckly all I play is old card games or some Gamehouse puzzle type games .

@Palestian, yep tried that but after a win update it still bothered me . Good be I had a dodgey install disk .....
    Last edited by peat moss; 08-03-2008 at 07:43 PM.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #47
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    @ clocker , ya I tried a few patches . It was for a fellow member Redhead68,my workmate . We tried everything to no avail and she is so impatient . She formatted three times yesterday , Win XP 64 , Black XP and a clean XP pro w/sp2 . She thought the last one one worked best out of the box with new ATI drivers .

Hey what are you going to do , if a gamer you have to jump thru hoops . Luckly all I play is old card games or some Gamehouse puzzle type games .

@Palestian, yep tried that but after a win update it still bothered me . Good be I had a dodgey install disk .....
    Hey peat, try the reg hacks in this attached rar.
    UAC_off.reg and UAC_on.reg do what you'd expect and Uac_Notify_OFF.reg turns off only the notification bubble for UAC being off (so other notifications still work).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

8. Software & Hardware   -   #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewie View Post

Hey peat, try the reg hacks in this attached rar.
    UAC_off.reg and UAC_on.reg do what you'd expect and Uac_Notify_OFF.reg turns off only the notification bubble for UAC being off (so other notifications still work).
    Ah thanks for your trouble friend that's awesome but just installed Win XP Black again . Still waiting to finish my Vista Black D/L so will save this .

9. Software & Hardware   -   #49
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Peat all you need to do, and I've done this on every vista instalaltion i've ever done and it worked fine, is go into control panel -> user accounts -> and click disable user account control, then restart.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #50
    whip22's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    my opinion, wait for windows 7; they say it's vista, just better speeds and stuff. XP runs all apps too so yea. Did you buy vista though? have you tried dual booting?

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast