Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: If you're a member of X number of trackers you're definitely a collector...

Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    IŽll take the same bus than SgtMajor, PolarBear and JROQuinn, as usual.

2. BitTorrent   -   #82
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    If you've got more trackers than you do teeth, than you might be a redneck...err collector.

3. BitTorrent   -   #83
    walkman79's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    Yeah JROQuinn, this thread is pointless. why did we post here lol

The answer is always subjective, and varies according to each person. But there is a thing I want to recall: there is no rule anti-collector since the term is very vague. A person like JROQuinn could be called collector since he doesn't use all the trackers where he has signed up and he has even been disabled in one of them. However, he hasn't actually broken any rule or caused harm to the tracker's community. He was probably a bad member of that particular tracker but nothing else.

Some of you use the term collector as a derogatory term, but one more time, if I've ever used the term collector in a derogatory way I was referring to people who don't take care of their tracker's contents and communities, people who usually create multiple accounts and want trackers only for their rarity.

On the other hand, if I invite someone and he/she gets disabled because of inactivity it pisses me off since some trackers see this as a sign of irresponsibility by the inviter. That's why I usually give all the information, pros and cons about the tracker in question, to my presumable invitees.
    If someone doesn't have an inviter, that is, he signed up when it was open, and then is disabled because of inactivity is ok I guess
    Last edited by walkman79; 07-16-2008 at 06:19 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #84
    Connect to World BT Rep: +1
    I consider 5 is too less.....IMO

You may focus on serveral things (ex:anime/movie/tv/ebook/game/console/app/graphic/music)

Sometimes you will use either when you are finding something you want.
    It doesn't mean that you are collector.

And more trackers you own,more things you get.Not all thing will be released in single tracker.So you will need to join different tracker to find .

15 trackers and more ,I consider.
    Last edited by stupidcrab; 07-16-2008 at 06:06 AM.
    -.ALWAYS SEED MORE AND MORE THAN DOWNLOD.-
    PU@(TL/BitMe)

5. BitTorrent   -   #85
    Ghostbusters's Avatar Ectoplasmic
    You guy's are finally getting there
    Last edited by Ghostbusters; 07-16-2008 at 06:26 AM.

Baby On The Way OMFG !

6. BitTorrent   -   #86
    walkman79's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    This thread is pointless since you are assuming that a collector can be defined by the number of trackers he/she is a member of. That's totally wrong and that's why it turned into a dilemma to me and I started my own thread to clarify what a collector is (yeah, I can be obsessive sometimes ) and I came to this conclusion after I have read all the comments here and from my thread:

A collector is someone who joins to every tracker he can and usually prefers higher levels, he is always looking for invites and sites open for singups, but he really doesn't use most of his trackers or just keep a minimum activity on them.

In this definition a collector could be a trader but not necessarily, he could also be an anti-trader who takes care of some accounts but doesn't give a damn about others. A collector could also be that scum who doesn't care about community and sells invites and accounts on ebay. That is, collector is not an insult after all. The most important thing for a collector is rarity and/or contents like collectors in the real world

There isn't any direct relation with the number of trackers you are member of, but there is a relation between collectors and this ratio:
    trackers you use/trackers you have .
    Last edited by walkman79; 07-18-2008 at 05:19 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #87
    Shalafi's Avatar The Trader BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    In collecting number is not important.The point is in rarity.

So there are few collectors in this forum.

8. BitTorrent   -   #88
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    some collect cars , some collect old stamps , some collect mouse pads , cd , etc why not trackers ?

9. BitTorrent   -   #89
    The Flying Cow's Avatar windowlicker BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I collect mothers.

In my basement.

-Sherman

10. BitTorrent   -   #90
    BANNED BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    53 is the answer. any less and you really like torrents, any more and you're a filthy whore who just sits around collecting sites for no reason.

as i wrote that i just remembered how many people here cant pick up on sarcasm to save their life... whatever.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast