Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Exclusive Content??

apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    This is in reference to this post :-

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-mov...44/postcount24

I think the only thing now that can make users stick to a particular site is exclusive content.
    Now since we have so many sites offering 0day, music( various kinds) , movies , games etc i was wondering wat would encompass exclusive content??
    (unless u got a team of rippers whu only release to ur site .)

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    most of the time thats referring to packs thrown together by the sites uploaders

sometimes its a webcast rip, sometimes not scene, i.e. some of the caps found on hdbits

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Ghostbusters's Avatar Ectoplasmic
    Quote Originally Posted by apextwin146 View Post
    I think the only thing now that can make users stick to a particular site is exclusive content.
    I don't agree with this really, think about this way, think of your favourite bar / club at home, now think of all the other bar's & club's in your town, they'll all sell drinks & most of them will sell the same kinds of drinks.

I think you can see where I'm going with this fairly poor analogy where the clubs are your torrent sites & the drinks are the files.

They're basically all serving the same thing but it's something else that keeps you going back to the places you do.

The company, the atmosphere, the special offers etc etc

pffft it's all been said a million times before over & over

Baby On The Way OMFG !

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    one gap in ur argument ....
    the quality of drinks is not the same in every bar ...
    Rest of wat u have said is mentioned/covered in the post linked in the original post

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    that's it. take a look at E for example. they have a userbase of 1.500. not many, right?

those 1.500 members uploaded 15.000(!) high quality cd rips, that you can't find anywhere else.

cinemaggedon, hdbits, sdbits, cinematik, kg even bitmetv are other sites that track exclusive stuff.

files are always uploaded by people who have access to the original in the first place. there are countless trackers that get their files from the scene, which is of course the biggest, fastest and most comprehensive source for warez in the internet. everyone can get those files, everyone can spread them and upload them to trackers.

on the other hand there are trackers where users make their own rips of music, movies, software, games (very rare!). these so called p2p releases are sometimes superior in quality and often cover older movies or more obscure genres.

it takes skills to make a proper movie or cd rip. it even takes more skills to crack software and games.

sites that have members with these skills and track their files are usually the ones with exclusive content.

of course exclusive can also mean a certain kind or genre of warez.

in a nutshell: if a site has content that you can't find on other sites, it's exclusive.
    Last edited by Polarbear; 07-16-2008 at 07:07 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    one gap in ur argument ....
    the quality of drinks is not the same in every bar ...
    Rest of wat u have said is mentioned/covered in the post linked in the original post
    I would agree that if you go to some dodgy little back street drinking hole where the drinks are a little bit cheaper then you may get a pint of watered down beer but generally speaking all the pubs are supplied by the main breweries which have to fall in line with certain standards.

Think of the brand names of your fav drinks, if you get a bottle of Bud in bar a it's identical to the bottle of Bud you get in bar B.

It's not really a gap in my argument, it's just there are always exceptions to every rule

*edit*

To be honest I never read the reference thread, I prob should have done but I'm just out my scratcher & gettin ready for work lol

Baby On The Way OMFG !

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    that's it. take a look at E for example. they have a userbase of 1.500. not many, right?

those 1.500 members uploaded 15.000(!) high quality cd rips, that you can't find anywhere else.

cinemaggedon, hdbits, sdbits, cinematik, kg even bitmetv are other sites that track exclusive stuff.

files are always uploaded by people who have access to the original in the first place. there are countless trackers that get their files from the scene, which is of course the biggest, fastest and most comprehensive source for warez in the internet. everyone can get those files, everyone can spread them and upload them to trackers.

on the other hand there are trackers where users make their own rips of music, movies, software, games (very rare!). these so called p2p releases are sometimes superior in quality and often cover older movies or more obscure genres.

it takes skills to make a proper movie or cd rip. it even takes more skills to crack software and games.

sites that have members with these skills and track their files are usually the ones with exclusive content.

of course exclusive can also mean a certain kind or genre of warez.

in a nutshell: if a site has content that you can't find on other sites, it's exclusive.
    This is wat i was talking abt ...
    So in essence its the members that make a site better ( in terms of exclusivity) ...
    Its too much effort on part of 1-4 ppl to create a tracker and add exclusive content to it afterall these ppl do earn thier living primarily by other sources and have to dedicate time to those things also ...

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    A niche contain would be nice; ie a music tracker that just have karaoke mp3+g files

added: anyone want to start one?

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by TP635 View Post
    A niche contain would be nice; ie a music tracker that just have karaoke mp3+g files

The DC++ Hubs & Networks is where my friend used to get all his karaoke & CDG discs.

It may be abit of a learning curve for you though if you've never used the system before.

This is where filesharing was at before the introduction of Bittorrent

Baby On The Way OMFG !

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbusters View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TP635 View Post

The DC++ Hubs & Networks is where my friend used to get all his karaoke & CDG discs.

It may be abit of a learning curve for you though if you've never used the system before.

This is where filesharing was at before the introduction of Bittorrent
    I wiki DC++ Hubs and after reading it feel that I am too dumb to use it.

This is the only reason why demonoid is important to me; karaoke

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast