Thread: There should be more electronic music label packs on music trackers

On most 0-day and TV trackers, they have season packs of every TV show which are updated quite frequently. On a much broader scale, game trackers have packs of whole platform systems and they, too, are updated frequently. So why can't the same be done for music, especially for electronic music?

The easiest way I know if a release is right for me is to see what label it's on, and if everything was packed and sorted by label instead of artist (like artist discographies for electronic music) it would be much better to find out about new artists that I would potentially like. Let's face it, electronic music has the most sub-genres of any kind of music and it sometimes gets a bit boring and tiresome filtering out all the junk we hear trying to find a release we like. I'm sure most of you don't enjoy EVERY kind of eletronic music, just one or a few subsets. At least that's how it is for me. For example, I absolutely hate club house/techno which are mostly made from North America, and but I love deep house and downtempo. I'm sure there are a few here that have opposite tastes but one things for certain is that we don't like every type of eletronic music and it's hard to keep up with what's relatively good or bad. So having everything organised by label with label packs will help every eletronic music lover.

So far I've seen no tracker that has label packs from scene releases (if they have any they mostly consist of non-scene homemade xing 128/160 kbps rips) and update them consistently. I don't see why people who enjoy those labels can't do the maintenance for these packs, and I don't see any downsides to having label packs, so I hope to see more in the future.
    Last edited by clamm; 07-16-2008 at 10:03 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Ali-g's Avatar Joker BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    grrr. It would be so difficult to run. Noone would have the entire pack everyone would jst DL the things they liked, anyway there are a lot of packs at TT as far as I know

The Chase is Better than the Catch

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali-g View Post
    grrr. It would be so difficult to run. Noone would have the entire pack everyone would jst DL the things they liked, anyway there are a lot of packs at TT as far as I know
    You can make the same argument with TV and game packs but clearly that's not what's happening as there are plenty of people seeding packs (actually, packs usually have the most seeds). You are assuming all people like the same things, thus making some releases have no or few seeders at all, but everyone has different tastes and by having packs we can be assured no obscure release that nobody but one or two may like will be left behind.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Ok, cool, go upload some.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Mostly civil BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by dunson View Post
    Best reply ever. Classic!

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by dunson View Post
    Now that's the sort of reply I like

/Young padawans are learning & learning fast
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    TT has the bombest packs on earth

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    tknaught's Avatar +3 dB BT Rep: +2
    Frequently updated packs are annoying, though. I don't think you see a TV tracker making a season pack at the beginning of the season then updating it every week.

To be honest, if you want to find out about new artists similar to the ones you already like, can't you just use Last.fm?