Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: I have a few questions about FTN

Poster BT Rep: +2
    It's too difficult to get FTN invite.

2. BitTorrent   -   #112
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckater View Post
    Why u ask this about ftn why not one of the other top ranked sites here?
    Don't get me wrong ftn is a good place to be but not necessarily the best for each and every person
    That's the truth. FTN definitely is a great site. I like it for the small userbase. I definitely have more of a sense of security there compared to a site as big as TL. It has some nice packs too.

But...there are other sites out there that are very good also, and are very often overlooked since they're not hyped as much, or are not as high of a "level" on that dumbass WTAW list. And since the OP seems to be new at torrenting, I would suggest that he discover one of those.

I would get into a site like IPT. It's much easier to get into than FTN, has excellent pre's and speeds, and a lot of content.
    I'm not new to torrenting been around for a few years

It's just I have always stayed at the public sites and because of that never bothered to learn the full ins and outs such as keeping a good ratio and not having DHT turned on lol

Going to private torrent sites for me is like when a kid goes on his first rollercoaster it's exciting and even though my connection isn't super fast I find it amazing the speeds you get from a private torrent site. I also like the big supply of scene material which you don't really see on sites like isohunt and tpb.

I admit I know nothing about FTN I read articles about it on zeropaid and torrentfreak and thought "damm I need to get an account there" because if the private sites I belong to at moment amaze me what is the "super elite" FTN site going to be like.

I just want to walk through the doors and see the other side of that squirrelmail page lol

3. BitTorrent   -   #113
    kondrae's Avatar Trance BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    well, if you get into FTN one day, you will be disappointed, cuz there a lot of sites that are better and easier to get into.

Skitt's Law: "any post correcting an error in another post will contain at least one error itself"

4. BitTorrent   -   #114
    bblogs's Avatar Damn Straight. BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by kondrae View Post
    well, if you get into FTN one day, you will be disappointed, cuz there a lot of sites that are better and easier to get into.

5. BitTorrent   -   #115
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    But still FTN is the best

6. BitTorrent   -   #116
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    if it's contents that you look for, TL and RevTT are the kings out there. Period. Then ScT.

7. BitTorrent   -   #117
    bblogs's Avatar Damn Straight. BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by tutorsnest View Post
    But still FTN is the best
    FTN is the best in community and....rarity

8. BitTorrent   -   #118
    Sexeh BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Depends on what you consider the "good" in which case you determine what is "better" or "best".

First it wasn't good b/c it was slow loading due to its hosting location, which is not an issue anymore. Then it was slow in pretimes, which now it's in the top 2 or 3. Then it was slow download speeds in which case it has a seedbox seeding 70% of the releases on a gbit.

My guess is those of you saying its not good are those that were banned and therefore you have no reason not to slander it. Only thing FTN lacks is amount of torrents in which case they're building up, so if that's the case then the only thing FTN is not good at is it's age because amount of torrents also depends on time. Although, one could argue that FTN like other sites in it's catagory are 0day sites and really don't focus on retention (go get newsgroups) so your argument becomes invalid alltogether.

But at the end of the day, it's all about personal opinion. You can't say someone won't like something or will be disappointed in something once they have it just b/c you were/are. Personally I don't like to wear thongs, but you might love to wear thongs. To each his own
    Do not pm me for invites. At the moment I will not be participating here in that regard. I will ignore your pm.

9. BitTorrent   -   #119

10. BitTorrent   -   #120
    whoops sorry , double post
    Last edited by phooart; 07-25-2008 at 09:58 AM.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast