Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about IP

Aerozin's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Tomorrow im going to another country.

I will get banned if i log from another country?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Without explanation it is possible some may see it as changing ownership.

Just leave a little note in your profile notes "logging in from holiday location for xx weeks"
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Eargasm's Avatar Whoa BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Depends on the tracker. On many trackers it's fine as long as you put a little note in your profile that says you will be traveling abroad.

It can also depend on what country you're logging in from. Many trackers blanket-ban all accounts logging in from certain countries(Israel, Poland, etc.).

It may be best to park most of your accounts if you aren't going to use them in a while. For the ones that you feel you must use abroad, get clearance from the mods/admins before doing so to be safe.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Aerozin's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Im going to stay in other country for 6 months, im going to do that profile note thing then

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Speak with Staff on that tracker and let em know ahead of time. What tracker are you talking about?

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Do what Detale said. Not telling staff and IP changing is almost an automatic ban on most trackers (maybe some nice ones will be nice to you). I strongly recommend what Detale said.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Yes, talk to staff if you worry. I dont think you get banned but to be sure, talk to them=)

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Most site staff I know will be happy for u to use your account in anothe country for 6 months if you inform them, if you don'tinform them it may be looked up on as a trade.
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b36/Duckster666/DUCK.png
    Not looking for anything
    There are 10 kinds of people who know binary. Those who do, and those who don't.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    predateur's Avatar .ıllılı.ıl.lı. BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerozin View Post
    Tomorrow im going to another country.

I will get banned if i log from another country?
    normaly , you wont be banned

but LOL seriously if you are banned for a stupid reason like this , why stay on the tracker ?
    Vectoral FTW!

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Especially if that other country is not a neighboring one, I'd definitely speak with staff about it first. They are usually very cool when you're forthright and it shouldn't be a problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast