Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The P2p War

Alright soldiers get that computer fired up, now. Had our fore fathers seen this they would be in awe. This is becoming one huge legal battle, with the suppenas, lawsuits, and DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act).
    Many really don't know or realize whats going on or don't care to. Well don't feel bad its like a silent war that has no media coverage like other wars. It's almost as the USA is ashamed of what is happening in the courtrooms around the country.
    I'm sorry maybe its just me, but if that is true than there obviously is a problem here. We're stuck in the middle because we have the more than 200 year old document which says that you supposed to have privacy in your home. Then we have copyright laws on another side, confussed yet, good.
    Well in my eyes we should be protected by the bill of rights if it weren't for that then why would people immigrat to the US. So the question is violate the peoples right or support the industry?
    Tough question right? No, the government is there to protect the people and to make judgements that are in the best intrest of the people so clearly the Bill of Rights is in the best intrest right?
    Well we live in a very diffrent world than we did 200 years ago or even 20. Now the world thrives on industry to create jobs for people so they can pay for food and school. Our government has a tough time with this support the industries that are moving to poor countries to save money or support the people. I'll just leave you with that comment.
    Well reply to this and tell what you think vist Anger Management Complains to read more Please vist and give me feed back.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    if you feel that strongly become a politician or something. the only argument i can make is money = power and the riaa has a lot of money and if they see a little leaving them they get angry because they want more, more, MORE! but i think you need to relax. privacy is one thing, but this is just filesharing. it isnt like the riaa and government are like peeping in our windows or something *shuts shade*

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    it isnt like the riaa and government are like peeping in our windows or something
    Close enough their just peeping electronicly which is the same. I'd love to become a politician, but I don't think I can be crooked enough . Several people have told me that but I'm only 16 so really I'm very limited in my power.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    Im sorry, but the bill of rights, has nothing to do with filesharing. Although, i believe filesharing isnt hurting the industry, we are taking games, music and other things for free-putting us on the wrong. I still use k-lite but when it really gets bad, its honestly not worth getting into trobule over.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    yawn............

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Im sorry, but the bill of rights, has nothing to do with filesharing
    It actually does they can't intercept what you do without a warrant to do so. Its stated in the bill of rights

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Actually, that has been overturned by the Patriot Act. Another reason this country is going to shit. I smell MSG2-like politics here...

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster
    No, they can, if the activity your doing is unlawful or illegal.-And please just because the country is going after p2p networks doesnt make them into a opressive goverment.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Originally posted by theprisoner@19 August 2003 - 16:34
    No, they can, if the activity your doing is unlawful or illegal.-And please just because the country is going after p2p networks doesnt make them into a opressive goverment.
    yeah but didnt somewhere in like minnesota the court said that p2p was legal so were not doing anything wrong

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    I smell MSG2-like politics here...
    I hear that, the patriots run the country. I mean the president runs the country

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast