Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: most user classes are outdated and lame

1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbusters View Post
    I quite like the ScT user classes, there's a fair bit of a challenge in there to hit them all, of course with a seedbox, steely determination & dedication to the cause they are still achievable, I'm on course for "ScT lover"

ScT Whore Must have been be a member for at least 15 weeks, have uploaded at least 1TB and have a ratio at or above 2.0.
    The promotion is automatic when these conditions are met. Note that you will be automatically demoted from this status if your ratio drops below 1.9 at any time.

ScT Super Whore Must have been be a member for at least 20 weeks, have uploaded at least 3TB and have a ratio at or above 3.0.
    The promotion is automatic when these conditions are met. Note that you will be automatically demoted from this status if your ratio drops below 2.9 at any time.

ScT Seed Whore Must have been be a member for at least 25 weeks, have uploaded at least 6TB and have a ratio at or above 4.0.
    The promotion is automatic when these conditions are met. Note that you will be automatically demoted from this status if your ratio drops below 3.9 at any time.
    It also states this
    "Give others a chance to seed. If your ratio on a single torrent is already above 1:1, you should give others the chance to seed too. Overseeding will only make it hard or even impossible for others to keep a good ratio"

How many of the people higher classes do you think are adhering to that suggestion?
    Because it's pretty impossible to stop at 1:1 of the requirements state you need 3:1 or 4:1
    It also ensures people with the very best connections always going to monopolize the torrents.
    If ScT is going to keep the upload requirements maybe they should think about making the ratio only 1.05 for all classes.
    And I don't accept the argument that it's necessary for speed because I max out my download more on TL than ScT.

alot are probably getting their buffers from the freeleech packs. I'm more than happy to have them ruin my potential ratio on an old Lost pack for example, because it's freeleech anyways, so we're both getting what we want. Maybe I don't understand from your perspective though, because I do use a seedbox as well on ScT to keep my ratio healthy
    Last edited by T.S.O.L.; 07-18-2008 at 07:36 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    even if you are a super mega extra seeder ( 1-2-3-5 .. et TB ) you still are a user and have the same privilage like a 4 gb user from my point of you

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    My preceptive is I got a seedbox before I became a member of ScT.
    I'm idealistic not stupid.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 07-18-2008 at 08:03 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Squizzle's Avatar (""\(O.o)/"")
    Quote Originally Posted by dunson View Post
    1) The bw levels for user classes are outdated when seedboxes are used so often. A TB is the highest class on most sites and that takes less than a month if you really want it. And if you are stuck with under 100kb/s upload, get with it.
    2) The privileges are nothing special. OMGZ an NFO file! Maybe a forum!
    3) 15/18/20 weeks? Ok that's not really even that long a time commitment. Why not go by months or years to distinguish real users of the site?

Maybe it should be either time or upload/ratio. Otherwise the whole thing just doesn't really make sense for either seedbox users or slow speed home users.

But actually I think there should be no classes, because there is no real extra benefit for using the site. Check the top 10 uploaders on many sites and most of them have under 10 comments and forum posts. What are they contributing to the site really? A Gbit connection is all.
    I pretty much agree with everything you said.

That said, user classes make people feel more special, help enforce a hierarchy in torrent sites, and give users something to aim for. I'd say that's their main purpose, even if the end result and even the means of getting there (seeding a few gigs, lurking a few weeks) is lame and out of date.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    TL has the best ranking. PU and that's it. And the fact is that it is the private tracker around with more activity. It explains a lot.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    BANNED BT Rep: +1
    It's a yes from me Dunson.

My seedbox needs new objectives.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    I agree with sgtmajor... Ratio requirement 4+ is absurd unless the tracker has a lot of freeleech torrents...
    I'm here for the chicks...

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by `Dr. Nick Riviera` View Post
    I agree with sgtmajor... Ratio requirement 4+ is absurd unless the tracker has a lot of freeleech torrents...
    I agree, it would be absurd, regular users with no fast line connections would have it really difficult... but as every rule, this one would have its exception.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Ratio of 4+ as requirement for class user is OK only if there are enough FL torrents floating around. Let us be real guys; your speed means nothing if there is no one to leech from your box.

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Ratio requirement should never be above 2, imo.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast