View Poll Results: What do you think about the Archive Section (FreeLeech) Should all tracker have it?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 61.36%
  • No

17 38.64%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should all trackers have the Archive section

LuckIEE's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    I want to know what do you guys think about this.
    Should all trackers have an archive section like Clover and SCC. i must say they are great i love them. And have same rules that you have to have a ratio more then .70 on for anything you download.
    Iy Looov eet

The Best Things In Life Should Be Free.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    NorBis's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Yes

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    No.

It's up to the tracker staff what they do for their tracker, if too many offer the same content or ideas, then it just dilutes the uniqueness of that tracker.

The more a tracker can do to stand out from the crowd, the more peers it will get using that tracker, which is every trackers lifeblood actually - the number of peers it has at any moment in time, the more the merrier.

And I actually prefer seeding time over seeding quantity, what if no-one after you have snatched it has the same tastes as you? There is a way round this, and that is you hand the torrent over to the next person that snatches it, so it will live longer and not depend on the same people seeding torrents all the time, if you take something you should expect to offer it back to the next person. So if after a week member xx comes along and takes the torrent I am seeding off em, I can remove that torrent from my client and expect member xx to seed for the next person to come along, and I can now get something else.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Should ALL tracker HAVE an archive section? NO.
    Last edited by squirr3l; 07-18-2008 at 02:57 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    No, I don't need anything older than a day or two.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Ramus's Avatar anti-trader BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    no only if the tracker can provide a good archive section then they should have one.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Yes!

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    krisil's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    No.

It's up to the tracker staff what they do for their tracker, if too many offer the same content or ideas, then it just dilutes the uniqueness of that tracker.

The more a tracker can do to stand out from the crowd, the more peers it will get using that tracker, which is every trackers lifeblood actually - the number of peers it has at any moment in time, the more the merrier.

And I actually prefer seeding time over seeding quantity, what if no-one after you have snatched it has the same tastes as you? There is a way round this, and that is you hand the torrent over to the next person that snatches it, so it will live longer and not depend on the same people seeding torrents all the time, if you take something you should expect to offer it back to the next person. So if after a week member xx comes along and takes the torrent I am seeding off em, I can remove that torrent from my client and expect member xx to seed for the next person to come along, and I can now get something else.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    BANNED BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor
    No.

That's actually a very important point. Every tracker should have their own unique features.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Long John Silver
    I dunno that an archive section makes a 0-day tracker NOT unique...I think it's the categories that do that e.g. some 0day don't carry mac apps, some don't carry x264, others carry both, some have rrequests, some don't..I think every tracker having an archive in no way makes them common..they're only archiving the same files they had before that made them "unique".

Of course if all archives are free or 2x UL etc then they would have more in common yes, but an archive section doesn't have to be free either - it's just what is being done atm.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast