Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Would You Like To Be Part Of "The Scene"?

walkman79's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    Actually, p2p put the scene in risk, and bittorrent is the king of p2p. That's why some group releases, warez providers, and Topsite admins hate us lol
    I have a friend who has recently shut down his Topsite because he considered it too risky atm. He is planning to open it again though.
    I would love to be part of the scene but that means a lot of work, time and much more risk. So, I'll stay making my little contribution as a p2p uploader
    Last edited by walkman79; 07-18-2008 at 05:53 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Scene members are best!
    I wouldnt be part of scene because it's take too many time(and money) and very dangerous.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    nthpeter's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    Risky, imo torrent is a better technology, but the most famous grps are known by many ppl.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    I know very little about the 'scene' and to be honest thats the way they want it
    I am betting a hi number of the people posting in this thread know very little about it too so I cannot understand why they either say yes or no and to be perfectly honest find the question pointless.
    I have personally spoken face to face with people who have scene knowledge and have helped games crackers from the scene and there is very little chance of getting any info from then. The closest I am ever likely to get to the scene is axx and to be honest that is good enough for me
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b36/Duckster666/DUCK.png
    Not looking for anything
    There are 10 kinds of people who know binary. Those who do, and those who don't.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    I'm staff,kiss m ass BT Rep: +1
    Yes I'd like to be, always seemed exciting.
    Last edited by Sonnentier; 07-19-2008 at 12:42 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Squizzle's Avatar (""\(O.o)/"")
    lol

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    No never

1. Their rules about keeping to specific formats and sizes suck.

2. Easy to draw heat

Even if there was no 2. I still would say no, because of 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Not worth it. I rather be safe then sorry. Torrents may not always be the safest method to share files but if you take the right precautions and use your brain you will be NEVER be caught and I can guarantee that.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Hehe good answers people not sure about SgtMajor's answer though

I wonder what type of people are in the scene, because I have asked this question to quite a few people and nearly all say no too risky!

So they must be the sort of people who say who gives a fuck if I go to jail lol

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    Quote Originally Posted by Halliwell View Post
    Hehe good answers people not sure about SgtMajor's answer though
    When you've been around as long as SgtMajor you've seen new members make posts like this 100's of times and sometimes it's difficult not to be brutally honest. Stick around for a while and you'll come to realise he's a nice guy.

As for your question, it's a bit like pizza from dominos. You can get it a little sooner by making an effort and going to get it from the shop, or you can have it delivered, much easier and at the end of the day it's gonna taste exactly the same.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast