Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: petition to reopen hdbits invites

Eargasm's Avatar Whoa BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by t1m3k33p3r View Post
    do you even think HDBits staff are even gonna LOOK AT THIS, let alone CARE ABOUT this thread? Someone selling invites is a very serious thing. Not only does it jeopardize the whole tracker, it taints it and diminishes the true value of inviting friends in.

Petitions won't help a single bit. I'm not ripping of flaming you, but this thread will not grab the staff's attention.
    So you are saying that the Admin there isn't going to see this thread and start crying over some people who didn't get into his tracker? Because that's what I was hoping for.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    tknaught's Avatar +3 dB BT Rep: +2
    Just join Bit-HDTV in the meantime. I'm sure HDBits will have to re-open invites eventually or end up stagnating as all the good new users go to other trackers.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    tbh if invites stayed closed for another 2 years hdbits would have no problem. there are more than enough dedicated users there

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Ghostbusters's Avatar Ectoplasmic
    Quote Originally Posted by tknaught View Post
    Just join Bit-HDTV in the meantime. I'm sure HDBits will have to re-open invites eventually or end up stagnating as all the good new users go to other trackers.
    I think the existing 22,000 of us will do just fine, without a trickle of new users...

Baby On The Way OMFG !

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    As soon as they tidy up their userbase i'm use they'll reinstate invites at somepoint.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Eargasm's Avatar Whoa BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Joined them 5 days ago, and have decided it will be my primary HD tracker. I think they have an excellent bonus points system, where seeding eventually earns you things like invites, custom title, etc.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Eargasm View Post
    Joined them 5 days ago, and have decided it will be my primary HD tracker. I think they have an excellent bonus points system, where seeding eventually earns you things like invites, custom title, etc.
    one of the reasons I prefer hdbits...

what's the point in allowing ppl to get credit uploads WITHOUT ACTUALLY uploading... but just keeping the torrents in seeding?

at least hdbits allows that for new users only.........

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Eargasm View Post
    That would be great if they do, but it's their choice. If they don't want us, then they shouldn't be forced to take us.

edit: and honestly, I hate RARs, unless xsfering via FTP.
    there are no rars, wtf are you people talking about

yes clearly the point of my thread is to FORCE them to take us. ??? who is actually reading here

i didn't make any comment on the validity of their decision to close invites

Quote Originally Posted by t1m3k33p3r
    do you even think HDBits staff are even gonna LOOK AT THIS, let alone CARE ABOUT this thread?
    well if you could read you would already know the answer to this question

i accept that this thread could be somewhat pointless but i felt like starting it anyway : )
    Last edited by koolyt; 07-19-2008 at 11:20 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    This petition has no chance. Even a petition on HDBits would have very slim chances.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    tknaught's Avatar +3 dB BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by yayyyyyy View Post
    what's the point in allowing ppl to get credit uploads WITHOUT ACTUALLY uploading... but just keeping the torrents in seeding?
    Because it lengthens the life of torrents? Trackers need people to upload, but they also need people to seed for a long time too, or else every torrent would disappear after one month.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast