Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Backing up xbox 360 games...

JunkBarMan's Avatar Milk Sucks,Got Beer?
    with my Lite-on LH-20AIL. using memorex dvd+r dl, apathy-civ.rev.iso, Imgburn, changed the layer break and dvd to dvd-rom.

so far tried civilization revolution and got 2 unreadable discs.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by JunkBarMan; 07-19-2008 at 04:43 AM.
    Today is the day.

2. Games   -   #2
    MEDBEDb's Avatar Poster
    what software did u use ?
    go cloneCD anyway !

3. Games   -   #3
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    is the lite on drive actually flashed? last time i checked you couldnt play burned games on a lite on drive.

4. Games   -   #4
    ok i am stating this all wrong.

my xbox has the ben-q drive flashed with the ixtreme 1.41

my comp has the liteon drive, i just put it out there to let everyone know what i was using
    Today is the day.

5. Games   -   #5
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    are you sure the games were patched with stealth? stealth spoofs the disc into fooling microsoft you are playing an actual disc. also the DVD brand of discs you are using could have an effect, verbatim (from singapore not india) is the only recommended brand to use. And make sure your burn at 2.4x... I use imgburn for all my burned games and it works perfectly.
    Last edited by Formula1; 07-19-2008 at 04:33 PM.

6. Games   -   #6
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    I also have a BenQ drive and I also highly recommend that you only burn with IMGBurn like formula1 stated. I burn all my games on default settings but I personally turn off the Verify option because it takes more time and it is unnecessary. I have burned 10 games so far and not one bad disc (all at 2.4x write speed). I use Verbatim discs if that makes any difference. I haven't heard much about Memorex discs but they should be okay. Try lowering the write speed if it's supported and don't change the layer break since it's completely unnecessary.

@formula1 - Whether a game is stealthed or not does not have any affect on whether or not the disc will work. Stealthing the games is only useful to prevent M$ from banning your 360.
    Last edited by silent h3ro; 07-20-2008 at 02:21 AM.

7. Games   -   #7
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    from the best of my understanding ixtreme 1.41 had been programmed not to work with discs not stealth patched. I always set layer break when i burn a 360 iso

8. Games   -   #8
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    What is the point of changing the layer break? Also yeah I think you are right about the firmware, not sure what I was thinking when I typed that yesterday.

9. Games   -   #9
    I think the problem wasn't the discs , but i was burning them too fast. I put Unreal tournament 3 in burned it at max speed, lol, failure.

changed the speed to 2.4x and it works like a champ so far
    Today is the day.

10. Games   -   #10
    i have read that alot ppl saying that you should use verbatim media and nothing else, but i have been using memorex media and have had good success. i also have a benq drive modded. i would not do the speedy burn though, that probably was your problem. i have also read that you should put the layer break manually even though most downloads come with .dvd file. when i first was burning i didn't do that and it made a differenct between a good burn or a bad. not sure why it works that way but hey, as long as it works. happy gaming!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast