Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are You People "genuinely" Sharing ?

O.k ill be nice to him, we where all new once! you cant get a list of most peoples files because we are useing the privacy patch to stop the RIAA and others from getting a list of what we share, but most of us are sharing it just looks like we dont because we dont want taking to court for breaking copyright laws.....plus we are all paranoid and hide under are beds waiting for the front door to be kicked in because sony want there cds back!

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    internet.news
    Although there is more behind sharing: we have to share our thoughts openly to understand each other better, some people who do not share, are also just humans :( ...

I share at the moment 645 files, - as my participation level it shows 1000 (Supreme Being), cause this seems to be default and when I try to uncheck
    the Constant PL 1,000 button in Options I fall back on 100 (Medium), although I have 600 ??? Anyway, If you want to look in my shared feel free :) The button
    Don't show Filelist is not checked :) - Some people might have it checked cause of
    the RIAA sueing some people :(

Sometimes if you want to see Userlist and it does not show you anything or is very
    slow could mean that the User is far far away from your location somewhere in south america probably :) :( or the User recently went Offline or the User do not want other people to see his shared directly or is sharing nothing at the moment :(

but what really make me sometimes feeling lonely - and a little bit crazy/angry more lonely - is that some people do not seem to accept incoming messages :(
    to share their thoughts openly :( - Some time ago I really have had some nice short discossions through the message system - and I am everytime glad to see someone answering :)

thanks anyway, david.

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    Poster
    Heyy, baby! Whaddya expect????

HAH!

Everybody wants it ALL and are not willing to give anything in return!
    Human Nature? Boyz bein' Boyz? Assholes bein' assholes?

Anyway.... if pissed enough You can allways turn OFF the file-sharing option.... see where THAT gets Ya!

Bye!

H.H.

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    Bebi's Avatar Super Duper Member
    You know I can partly understand why these noobs never learn, BECUASE MOST PEOPLE FLAME THEM INSTEAD OF EXPLAINING THE RIGHT LIKE THE PRIVACY PATCH! But it is also his fault for not learning about kazaa right so whatever B)

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    Originally posted by Bebi@20 August 2003 - 13:35
    You know I can partly understand why these noobs never learn, BECUASE MOST PEOPLE FLAME THEM INSTEAD OF EXPLAINING THE RIGHT LIKE THE PRIVACY PATCH! But it is also his fault for not learning about kazaa right so whatever B)
    If the only thing I was able to post was 'the privacy patch allows you to share without others seeing your files', I'd still be able to make like 5 non-spam posts a day. This stopped being n00b and moved into just f**king stupid a long time ago.

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    Poster
    Originally posted by Captain Nemo@18 August 2003 - 02:44
    I share and, I share unlimited bandwith too 
    Unlimited bandwidth isn't the way to generate the fastest uploads -- because most ISPs when you exceed their bandwidth max slow the connection by dropping/losing potentially ALL outgoing and incomming ip packets for a second or 2.

Which is faster?:
    90% constantly
    110% sometimes, 0% others (that's what unlimited bandwidth gives you.)

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    Originally posted by Switeck@21 August 2003 - 04:45
    Unlimited bandwidth isn't the way to generate the fastest uploads -- because most ISPs when you exceed their bandwidth max slow the connection by dropping/losing potentially ALL outgoing and incomming ip packets for a second or 2.
    Okay, what kilobite would you recommend I use for the most reliable upload I am just trying to "generate the fastest uploads" for people.

My I.S.P. restricts my up, to 250kbs I believe,. so you tell me........

which one would be best:

Peace

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    With an isp upload cap of 250 kb/s ?? That would be 128 kb/s max for K++. (the Cable (average) setting in the Kazaa Lite configuration tool)

From my experiance, using 256 kb/s or higher WILL cause the average bandwith to drop to 190 kb/s or less. And it will slow down browsing by several seconds.

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    If its 250 kilo bytes per second then use 256.
    If you see any trouble go to 128 perhaps.

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    Poster
    Originally posted by Aimless6@21 August 2003 - 06:04
    With an isp upload cap of 250 kb/s ?? That would be 128 kb/s max for K++. (the Cable (average) setting in the Kazaa Lite configuration tool)

From my experiance, using 256 kb/s or higher WILL cause the average bandwith to drop to 190 kb/s or less. And it will slow down browsing by several seconds.
    Cable (fast) should set uploads up to 27 KB/sec (216 kilobits/sec) -- which is about right for a connection limited to 250 kilobits/sec total upload bandwidth.

If that's a little high, there's an ADSL setting which puts it to 22 KB/sec (176 kilobits/sec).

I personally made small *.REG files to quickly change upload bandwidth on-the-fly without even having to go through KL++'s menus. This allows me to set more finely-tuned values. I run typically at (29 KB/sec) 232 kilobits/sec.

Here's the 1 for 232 kilobits/sec (E8 = 232):

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Kazaa\Transfer]
    "UploadBandwidth"=dword:000000e8

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast