Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are We Gonna Get Protection From The Riaa ?

Originally posted by kazaaliteuser1@18 August 2003 - 11:12
    well maybe its jsut me but when i get on soulseek and i find a song i wanna DL it takes years to download, it downloads at 1KB/s or it will download and user gets off, etc etc etc etc!
    are you on people's download lists?
    go into the klf musicworld room and you may get added to member's lists

this should ensure faster download speeds
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    theslayer40's Avatar Poster
    I had Problems with Soulseek too such as it froze up my computer as soon as I clicked a song to DL , So I use Piolet and have been for a while.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Poster
    Somewhere between the cornfields of Central Illinois
    Originally posted by kazaaliteuser1@18 August 2003 - 04:48
    Soulseek isnt all that you people SPAM it to be, it has those RIAA songs too&#33; its happened to me there too, and its way to young of a program&#33; its like an early napster, very crapy&#33; and is a pain in the ass to actually get a song to DL&#33;
    Soulseek gets a 1.5 out 5 rate&#39;n from me &#33;
    I actually have downloaded (as well as uploaded) MP3s of a much better quality using SoulSeek than I have with Kazaa. Sharing with only those you trust helps.

Cheers&#33; =]

Suzi

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Poster
    Originally posted by kazaaliteuser1@18 August 2003 - 05:12
    well maybe its jsut me but when i get on soulseek and i find a song i wanna DL it takes years to download, it downloads at 1KB/s or it will download and user gets off, etc etc etc etc&#33;
    Then you need to look at the upload speed of the person you are attempting to download from. The higher, the better chances you have of a decent download rate.

Cheers&#33; =]

Suzi

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    if you want to avoid downloading fake albums off kazaa try using newsgroups or irc or soulseek. all new albums are 192k quality and put out by ripping crews. if it&#39;s not 192k and have the track number at the begging of the track name as well as rns, cms, ftd, or some other ripping crew 3 letter name it&#39;s probably a fake. if you know this you won&#39;t download fakes or kazaa or soulseek. just so happens soulseek users know about getting albums from the horses mouth newsgroups and irc.

And another note that whole only sharing with user list is tantomount to leeching. when people search for stuff they are screwed because you are only sharing with your list. yeah your sharing but it&#39;s not benifiting the community as a awhole.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Poster
    Originally posted by slick nick@19 August 2003 - 19:32
    if you want to avoid downloading fake albums off kazaa try using newsgroups or irc or soulseek. all new albums are 192k quality and put out by ripping crews. if it&#39;s not 192k and have the track number at the begging of the track name as well as rns, cms, ftd, or some other ripping crew 3 letter name it&#39;s probably a fake. if you know this you won&#39;t download fakes or kazaa or soulseek. just so happens soulseek users know about getting albums from the horses mouth newsgroups and irc.

And another note that whole only sharing with user list is tantomount to leeching. when people search for stuff they are screwed because you are only sharing with your list. yeah your sharing but it&#39;s not benifiting the community as a awhole.
    Look, if you want to share with the entire community, use Kazaa. I like SoulSeek because I can share only with those one my list (and I do have a large list) and be quite sure that the RIAA is not going to be bothering me.

Argh&#33; :pirate:

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    "Look, if you want to share with the entire community, use Kazaa. I like SoulSeek because I can share only with those one my list (and I do have a large list) and be quite sure that the RIAA is not going to be bothering me.

the whole reason i don&#39;t use kazaa is because of the amount of users with stuff i want is far more abundunt on soulseek. the fact remains no matter how large your list is i&#39;m screwed if i search for something you may be the only one with. if you are upload period the riaa hanchmen&#39;s spiders will find you and know who you are. the riaa wont bother me is a pretty weak rationalization. sure you can assure no leeches download off you but people who want things you have are screwed. i&#39;d rather ban leeches than cause people to not get something they want i&#39;m online with. just my opinion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12