Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xvid Sucks Bigtime!

Is it just me but do XVID encoded movies just cause y so much shit when y tryin' to re-encode them for vcd/svcd???? Why do people still insist on taking a perfectly decent copy (e.g 2fast 2furious dvd rip...Finding Nemo dvd rip) and F***in it up by encoding it with Xvid (we dont all own Kiss DVD players yer know!!!&#33...Please whoevers doing this please keep to good old fashioned DivX..it's so much easier for us peeps making vcds and so on..no audio video sync probs, programs locking up etc. etc...XVID Sucks Bigtime!!!!!
    I got Booted from Xbox Scene Forum...Proud??...You Betcha!!

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    i used to think that alot too, but after changing a setting in tmpgenc and xvid encoded to mpg i aint really fussed

still i do prefer divx

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    XviD was designed to compress mpg; it was never designed to convert to VCD. XviD developers I know don't give a shit about VCDs! Always keep in mind that the current versions of XviD are still under 1.0. That means it's still technically a beta.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    ok, so when i rip moviees with a dvd ripper to avi, what codec should i use. whhat will give the higest quality and best 2 use???

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Originally posted by Darth Sushi@16 August 2003 - 21:31
    XviD was designed to compress mpg; it was never designed to convert to VCD. XviD developers I know don't give a shit about VCDs! Always keep in mind that the current versions of XviD are still under 1.0. That means it's still technically a beta.
    Cheers Darth Sushi,did'nt know that about XVID..(hey ya learn something new eveyday)..need to do more homework on the subject methinks!! Suppose we all need to hold out a little till they improve/update it all..Still think it sucks though for us VCD makers...And Dapadipz tried that stuff you mentioned in Tmpgenc..and it still aint workin' (i think Xvids are a f***er for bad frames and stuff..and encoders dont like it)..
    I got Booted from Xbox Scene Forum...Proud??...You Betcha!!

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    ok well install FFDshow il find the link in a min

go to option at the top and then enviromental settings

click on the VFAPI settings tab
    and make the priority of Directshow Multimedia File Reader to 3

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    FFDshow

here it is

hope it works

i dont no how i found this out

there was another way to change more of the proritys but this works for me

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    I encode Xvid all the time never had a problem.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    VCD. bah. VCD will become obsolete within the next couple of years, if enough dvd player companies adopt divx/xvid support.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    I think xvid sucks 2, i used a program called no 1 DVD Ripper and it ripped the movie in XVID format, now i thought it wud b ok, but when my friend played this XVID movie, it was upside down and back 2 front piece of shit...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast