Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Smoking In Public

Your tone is Quasi-facetious but what you do not realize is that now all restaurants are Taco Bell.
    <span style='font-familyptima'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:gray'>No Signature Required</span></span></span>
    Check out this cult TV forum... Cult TV Boards

2. Lounge   -   #72
    Aberrant

3. Lounge   -   #73
    Originally posted by titey@19 August 2003 - 16:26
    Oh, the new grilled stuft burrito. So that&#39;s what they actually mean by "stuft".
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

4. Lounge   -   #74
    insanebassman
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob+18 August 2003 - 09:00--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3rd gen noob @ 18 August 2003 - 09:00)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-titey@18 August 2003 - 16:58
    When you fart, your ass expells methane...

Methane is a pollutant...

Your ass should not be allowed.
    cows produce more methane than humans...therefore we should exterminate all cows

[/b][/quote]
    I am exterminating cows... oe Burger, Jacket and pair of boots at a time...

5. Lounge   -   #75
    Originally posted by hobbes@19 August 2003 - 04:42

I largely agree with noob3g, but I think he takes it a little far, most likely because he was being ganged up on.

As for pollution, the exhaust generated by cars in transit is the price we pay for the convenience.&nbsp; What, however, is the point in driving a car around a track for 500 mile?&nbsp; Seems not only pointless, but a little ridiculous given present problem with fossil fuels.
    3rd, you didn&#39;t comment on this point. How do you justify driving in a circle?
    sorry for the delay in reply...i&#39;ve been asleep/forum been down...

firstly, not all tracks are circles

secondly, i have no way to justify people wanting to drive cars for entertainment

also, the current problem with fossil fuels isn&#39;t really as bad as some have made out and has been excarbated by a vertain rather large country...
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

6. Lounge   -   #76
    Aberrant
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob@19 August 2003 - 13:35
    excarbated
    You don&#39;t need carburetors when you have fuel injection.

7. Lounge   -   #77
    insanebassman
    Originally posted by hobbes@18 August 2003 - 19:21

Why should business establishments cater only to your wishes and ban smoking?
    It should be up to the business itself whether or not to allow smoking.
    I choose which places to patronize by their smoking policy - why can&#39;t you?

What you do in your home is your business. What you do in public affects the people around you.

I think with Pizza Hut banning smoking, it means that people have spoken up and declared it an unwanted intrusion on their lunch. I tend to chose my eating establishments on the quality of the food. Smoking has nothing to do with eating. It is like deciding on a restaurant due to the color of its sign. Neither has any bearing on what makes a restaurant enjoyable, it&#39;s the food baby.

When I drink alcohol, I do not pour it on you. Why should you get to stink up my clothes with smoke? You want to wash my jacket for me?

I agree with the premise that an establishment should have the right to decide this and I believe they are by banning smoking.

I tend you enjoy farting through a megaphone at meals end, you want to deal with that? You tend to think that since smoking has traditionally been allowed that is ok to blow noxious smoke over someone while they eat. How could you be so uncaring of others.
    [/quote]
    I quit smoking the day I found out I was to be a father. That being said,I think banning public smoking is wrong. Law should not dictate wether or not I give a shit about your proximity when I light up (were I to smoke again) You can ask me politly to move (as in a park or sidewalk) or you can walk away. Entertainment and eating establishments should be allowed to set thier own standards, as long as a reasonable seperation between smokers and non-smokers. But dictating behavior based on coerced politeness? HA&#33; I have every right to start out my day as an ass as I have the right to start my day as a polite guy. When I smoked, I took into account wether or not I offended while doing so. That was me going out of my way to be nice to my companions. When I was in the smoking section of a restauraunt(sp?) I lit up at will, and did not give it a second thought. That is why I was there, good food and an environment in which I felt completely comfortable. Since I quit smoking, I eat in the non-smoking area. If someone offends me with thier smoke, I move or ask them to move politely.(when I am not in a designated smoking area) I do not think the government should dictate thier right to offend or not.

And if you are really concerned with dying slowly due to toxin intake, check your foods. Look at labels and methods of preparation. That shit fucks you up much more than second hand smoke ever will. Do a little research on some of those ingredients they call "preservatives" and such. Look at how there is an allowable level of arsenic in the water. (among other things) Want to be paranoid about death and poison, go no further than what you allow into your kitchen. I do and that is how I got healthier. I happily eat meat, but make sure you know what you are getting there too. Life is a gamble and you are not guaranteed happiness. Do not whine for a "leader" to dictate hapiness for you. Find it YOPURSELF. And stop whining about other people&#39;s habits.

(Only portions of this statement are in response to the quoted part)

Smoke &#39;em if you got &#39;em&#33;

8. Lounge   -   #78
    Originally posted by titey+19 August 2003 - 19:51--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (titey @ 19 August 2003 - 19:51)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-3rd gen noob@19 August 2003 - 13:35
    excarbated
    You don&#39;t need carburetors when you have fuel injection. [/b][/quote]
    carbs can give more performance though...
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

9. Lounge   -   #79
    Originally posted by insanebassman@19 August 2003 - 19:53

I quit smoking the day I found out I was to be a father. That being said,I think banning public smoking is wrong. Law should not dictate wether or not I give a shit about your proximity when I light up (were I to smoke again) You can ask me politly to move (as in a park or sidewalk) or you can walk away. Entertainment and eating establishments should be allowed to set thier own standards, as long as a reasonable seperation between smokers and non-smokers. But dictating behavior based on coerced politeness? HA&#33; I have every right to start out my day as an ass as I have the right to start my day as a polite guy. When I smoked, I took into account wether or not I offended while doing so. That was me going out of my way to be nice to my companions. When I was in the smoking section of a restauraunt(sp?) I lit up at will, and did not give it a second thought. That is why I was there, good food and an environment in which I felt completely comfortable. Since I quit smoking, I eat in the non-smoking area. If someone offends me with thier smoke, I move or ask them to move politely.(when I am not in a designated smoking area) I do not think the government should dictate thier right to offend or not.

There is no law, this was an independent decision made by Pizza Hut. Did I miss something?

As I posted before, the concept that smoking areas are actually distinct from non-smoking areas, is equivalent to covering your eyes and pretending that the person one table over no longer exists.

No one would complain about smoking in restaurants if there were actually a real separation between smoking/nonsmoking. Just because I don&#39;t smoke, doesn&#39;t make me some high ground moral man. Usually I am too drunk to be understood by said offending smoker.

I just want to go to a restaurant to eat, not start a confrontation or bother anyone else. And I don&#39;t want to have my clothes smell like shit when I get home. I&#39;m a pretty simple guy.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

10. Lounge   -   #80
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    fyi: I second hand smoke two packs a day

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast