Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Smoking In Public

gaz_k's Avatar Poster
    What's the bloody country comin to......
    Pizza Hut have announced that from today it is not allowed to smoke in there.
    like to see how much business they start to loose at lunch time wen ppl just pop in for a quick bite with work mates..... everyone to burger king i think.

and dropping fag butts is classed as droppin litter... well where are you supposed to put them if you not allowed to put them in a bin... there are not enough fag bin things about.....

what next, bloody banning swearing in pubs?! its a working mans privilage to have a few pints n fags after a day at work.... pfft!

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    To be honest, I smoke myself, but I hate it when other people smoke when I'm still eating. ButI also admit that there's nothing like a nice cigarette after a good meal. Maybe restaurants should just install some sort of smoking room.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    yeah your right. its stupid, weatherspoons banned all swearing a couple of months ago.

smoking while typing this

4. Lounge   -   #4
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    I gather that you all are not Americans.

Smokers have been treated as pariahs over here for years now.

Some cities ( Boulder ) have banned smoking in public anywhere within the city limits. They recently denied a liquor license to a cigar bar because they had no "non-smoking area".

The irony completely escaped them.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. Lounge   -   #5
    gaz_k's Avatar Poster
    and pepole say that america is the land of the free?

from what i heard there quite a lot you not allowed to do...

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Knowledge is Power
    Very glad they did.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Poster
    Have to say, our government (Queensland, Australia) banned smoking in any pubs/clubs during meal times about 18 months ago.... the people were not happy, and neither were the staff. We have to tell all customers not to smoke and if we don't we can get a $1500 fine.. and the hotel can get a fine for that amount too while the smoker gets a $300 fine..... go figure
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Courier'>The biggest room in the world is the room for improvement.....</span>
    <span style='color:red'><u>Don't Go Here.........</u></span></span>

8. Lounge   -   #8
    smoking in public is disgusting and should be banned everywhere.

i have nothing against those who smoke in their own houses, however, smoking in public is something which should not be tolerated

passive smoking is a proven killer. if smokers want to kill themselves, go ahead, but they should not be allowed to kill others
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Poster
    There aren&#39;t many places in Australia you can smoke nowdays... it has been banned from all shopping malls and nearly every office building. I have no problems either way... smoke or don&#39;t... inside or out... but I do object to receiving a fine 5 times the amount of the smoker. It&#39;s not always easy to tell someone who has been drinking they cannot smoke in that area of a local pub while meals are being served, alcohol and smokes go hand in hand and most non-smokers accept smokers in pubs.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Courier'>The biggest room in the world is the room for improvement.....</span>
    <span style='color:red'><u>Don't Go Here.........</u></span></span>

10. Lounge   -   #10
    gaz_k's Avatar Poster
    yeah, sumplaces it should be banned if the premisies ar enot big enought to provide no smokin areas.

but smoking should not be banned in a pub or shopping centre, it isn&#39;t where i live, most shpping centres provide ash trays so at leat the butts can go in a tray.

but to bann in a pub is daft, it is just what happens in a pub. men go there for a couple of pints n talk about how shit their football team as been doin.

the offices i have worked in only bann smokin between 9-5, after 5 everyone just spaks up, if you dont like it, you can go home cos it after 5.

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast