Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Outlook Express Problem

Hi Balamm. That is the point, I have no need for Microsoft Exchange Server to my knowledge. All I did was to install O/E from the disk. I saw absolutely nothing about Exchange Server anywhere. Outlook Express shows as being installed in the program list, and Start Menu, so I really can't understand it. Ok will try a repair. How to do this please?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Control panel - add remove - IE6 Sp1 and internet tools (something like that) It will only be there if installd the IE6 SP1 seperatley, not with XP SP1.

I came into this thread expecting people to be saying F**k it use encridimail, or netscape or whatever and was pleaseantly surprised to say that no one had... but still I have to say fu*k it use Outlook, not express. If you alreaddy do not have office, get it. Easy download few good ones on here.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by kennyboy@19 August 2003 - 21:56
    Hi Balamm. That is the point, I have no need for Microsoft Exchange Server to my knowledge. All I did was to install O/E from the disk. I saw absolutely nothing about Exchange Server anywhere. Outlook Express shows as being installed in the program list, and Start Menu, so I really can't understand it. Ok will try a repair. How to do this please?
    Balamm was referring to a "component" of outlook in regard to exchange server (possibly one that enables you to connect to an exchange server) you may have had installed by accident or something.

Believe me if you had exchange "server" you would know it, it takes like 2 hours just to install it on a domain controller which is not recommend. And besides, you cant run exchange server on anything but a server o.s. like 2000 or 2003 server.

That eliminates one possible cause. But really I would just reinstall ie with outlook. Or if you have office xp I think that installs outlook as well.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    OK. Going to uninstall IE6 and Outlook Express. BUT, if O/E is part of IE6, why in Add Windows Components, does it list them as seperate programs? Anyway, will uninstall them both and try again. Actually, in Add/Remove, My IE6 is listed as "Internet Explorer Q818528. Is this the one to uninstall? Also listed is Outlook Express update Q330994. Do I uninstall that also. many Thanks again for all the help.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Poster
    Those are just patches and updates. Just leave them, they'll be integrated or replaced when you update.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12