Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Why Do People Act Pompous When It Comes To Invitations

Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by KaySterling View Post
    10% come in for being sharp and has knowledge
    I guess I'm part of that category
    Can you feel the LOVE

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by KaySterling View Post
    69% get invited for kissing ass, 10% come in for being sharp and has knowledge and 20% come in for being a friend of either one.
    And the final 1% for just being an asshole. That should sum it up pretty good.
    /fixed so I can be included.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    NA_Magus's Avatar ヽ(゜▽、゜)ノ
    A year and a half ago someone was giving out TL invites. I of course asked politely and I got my invite to my first (and still most used) 0-day tracker. During the course of the year I got a few more trackers to cater to my wants. To give back, I offered the invites I received at said sites to those who simply asked. I remember I was about to hand out an invite to OiNK but the site was shut down the day after. Which I'm not sure of what to think of it since he had a shady trade history.

tl;dr: Treat people the way you would like to be treated.

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    bblogs's Avatar Damn Straight. BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by NA_Magus View Post
    Treat people the way you would like to be treated.
    I disagree. A lot of people have been stabbed in the back doing that here, yes it's a good theory but you'd want to do it very carefully. And probably not here.

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    AkaiDoresu's Avatar MilfHunter BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Some people feel like kings in the castle just because they have high lvls ;]

It's a way to build higher self-esteem, through insulting people who are supposedly lower class (in torrent world of course).
    Have a nice day.

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    It could also be as well, when they were new, they got treated the same way, then when they eventually get in, its get your own back time.

I would not know though, i dont have anything higher than a lvl 2 (BCG) i did have a lvl 9, wasnt for me so deleted my account after 1 or 2 weeks.

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    Eargasm's Avatar Whoa BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    The only thing that really sucks is when the tracker you want to check out has closed invites forever and indefinitely; subsequently, 99% of the people who are members of said 'high level' tracker then come to FST put the site logo into a collector's badge in their siggy and claim it's the best tracker ever.

Then later you get more details like stats and screenshots, and you think to yourself, some of these 'high level' trackers are 90% hype aren't they? The word overrated pops into your head, but you can never really be sure that there isn't something great behind those closed doors.

I know of at least one site, the bunny, that I joined early on and thought.. "This stinks." But now I regret letting my account die, because there might be something fun going on in there - And also because I have the means to contribute to trackers a little more nowadays.

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    Raban's Avatar Poaster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    I would not know though, i dont have anything higher than a lvl 2 (BCG)
    wow i didn't notice that BCG was no longer level 4 ... i just checked the WTAW and its been changed... hrmmm....

yada yada insert tracker levels don't matter whatnot mumbo jumbo yada yada

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Halliwell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckater View Post
    to be honest there are prob only about 5 people that I know of reg'd here I would send an invite to for any tracker.
    Reason being I know them well enough.
    Now you can call me a snob or whatever you like I don't care
    The reason for it is the important thing they are either poeple I known a very long time or I know of and seen them about top sites etc.
    This does not mean others can not work there way into that list who are here or people that join here in the near future could already be in that list.
    If this upsets people then tuff it is the way I have been all my torrenting life and aint about to change
    Offtopic sorry

How that off topic??

Spoiler: Show
    I have stated how I do my inviting so that people can see what the requirements are to get an invite from me, from that people can then judge wether they think I am pompous or not
    Other people may make comments etc and not give reasons why they will not give invites out
    So I do not consider it off topic.
    Sorry for not replying to your comment earlier but not been about b4 to post.

As for the spoiler yes I am one of the owners of a site that is about 18 months old now
    Sign ups to it are currently open and it is listed in the open sign ups section here
    The initials on me site bar in me sig should be a hint
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b36/Duckster666/DUCK.png
    Not looking for anything
    There are 10 kinds of people who know binary. Those who do, and those who don't.

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    NA_Magus's Avatar ヽ(゜▽、゜)ノ
    Quote Originally Posted by bblogs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NA_Magus View Post
    Treat people the way you would like to be treated.
    A lot of people have been stabbed in the back doing that herehere.
    It's important to realize that the moment you step away from your computer that none of this matters. Unless of course some of the law came busting down your door...

Also around a year ago, I was invited to Bitme. Apparently my inviter had multiple accounts and that his invite tree had traders within it. Know what happened to me? I was banned, account and IP. I appealed it but they gave me a polite no.

Backstabbed or whatever, there's no use in being paranoid as there's no true way of determining a character through some text. Therefore I treat (mostly) everyone as an equal.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast