Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Do People Act Pompous When It Comes To Invitations

Urgent

People act like they are so l33t when it comes to private torrent sites and invites. It's stupid there is no need for it!

I have noticed people with invitation or membership at a top site just talk crap to people who enquire about that stuff.

Anyone care to explain?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    respawn40's Avatar Phoenix Wright :D BT Rep: +2
    People act so deserving when it comes to private torrent sites and invites. It's stupid there is no need for it!

I have noticed people with no invitations or membership at a top site just beg people for invites.

Anyone care to explain?
    -----------------------

Really, it is partly due to the leveling system, as mark said.
    Last edited by respawn40; 07-25-2008 at 03:36 PM.

I am a exsellent speller and I use grammer very good.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    BANNED BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    This happened mostly due to the whole stupid level system.People feel like they have to be in the rarest tracker for some reason.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by respawn40 View Post
    People act so deserving when it comes to private torrent sites and invites. It's stupid there is no need for it!

I have noticed people with no invitations or membership at a top site just beg people for invites.

Anyone care to explain?
    The community preaches "share share share", "seed or die" "keeping a good ratio".

But when it comes to free invites it's a big "fuck you n00b"

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Do you honestly think you can just walk in and get an invite to a "high level" site? It's a high level site because it's hard to get into. You just joined, and I'm guessing you aren't in too many good trackers. Do you actively participate in your tracker's communities and this community? The only people that get the invites are those who deserve them. And quite frankly, not too many people often do.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by respawn40 View Post
    Do you honestly think you can just walk in and get an invite to a "high level" site? It's a high level site because it's hard to get into. You just joined, and I'm guessing you aren't in too many good trackers. Do you actively participate in your tracker's communities and this community? The only people that get the invites are those who deserve them. And quite frankly, not too many people often do.
    Seems to me like a case of upstairs/downstairs

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Sorry, but I don't know what that means LOL

But if I were to make a smart comeback, I'd say: Seems to me like a case of you not wanting to put effort into becoming trusted, helpful, etc. Seems like you just want an easy, quick way in. But there is none.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Perhaps you are not getting the message properly.
    For most of those who are in top sites was hard to get them, and for sure it was not as the result of coming here, ask for something and served.
    As we know how hard it was, it looks like kinda funny when people as soon as can post the first thing they do is asking for an invite to a top site, disrespecting at the same time to many good users that have been here for months and with very good credentials.
    You are a funny guy and due to that you have been treated very good, in comparison with so many other cases.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    It's mainly due to such wording on the sites as "only invite your friends and those whom you trust, or you risk your entire invite tree being disabled", so it turns into a sort of protectionism and self preservation of sorts.

And when you realise that inviting noobs from here that openly post requests is considered a serious enough offence for some to lose their accounts, or their privileges such as invites removed for life, and if you have been around long enough to see 100s of requests and 100s of failures it's easy to fall into a condescending mode, don't be upset by it, embrace it and join in the fun, post funny & sarcy & witty responses back, people will remember you more for that than getting all huffy and offended by posts on the interwebz

It's the old adage, and cliché, of make friends and prove to others that a site is missing out on not having you as a member, rather than persistently posting & begging for an invite.

Remember, less is equal to more.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    It's mainly due to such wording on the sites as "only invite your friends and those whom you trust, or you risk your entire invite tree being disabled", so it turns into a sort of protectionism and self preservation of sorts.

And when you realise that inviting noobs from here that openly post requests is considered a serious enough offence for some to lose their accounts, or their privileges such as invites removed for life, and if you have been around long enough to see 100s of requests and 100s of failures it's easy to fall into a condescending mode, don't be upset by it, embrace it and join in the fun, post funny & sarcy & witty responses back, people will remember you more for that than getting all huffy and offended by posts on the interwebz

It's the old adage, and cliché, of make friends and prove to others that a site is missing out on not having you as a member, rather than persistently posting & begging for an invite.

Remember, less is equal to more.
    im not upset by it SgtMajor I enjoy the banter here that is why I came back after my original post.

I suppose I have let the FTN thing get to my head lol and today seeing all the "i want ftn" threads set me off.

I just hate the fact I don't have enough history to gain entrance to the top sites I hate the feeling of being so new lol

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast