Thread: Updating alt.binz

Lo all

two quick questions

1. I wanna upgrade my verison of alt.binz from 0.25 to latest ver 2.81 i think it is, i have it but i just want to know if i upgrade, will it keep all my nzbs that are in the dl list? or even better is there a way to backup the nzb list?

2. no offense but i feel like im not getting the most out of usenet, the only way i get my nzbs are this forum, but for example movies is added like 5 a day (WHICH IS EXCELLENT!!) dont me wrong i appreciate everything you guys are doing but compared to p2p it doesnt seem as vast a choice, are there other sites out there like this one when downloading nzbs?

many thx

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I have no idea if it will keep your downloads queued or not. Just finish the one you're download now and set the others as paused. If they don't carry over, just reload the NZBs.

As for content, just use search engines.

http://www.newzleech.com/
    http://www.binsearch.info/

http://www.google.com/search?q=usene...ient=firefox-a

yo

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by JadeFox View Post
    Lo all

two quick questions

1. I wanna upgrade my verison of alt.binz from 0.25 to latest ver 2.81 i think it is, i have it but i just want to know if i upgrade, will it keep all my nzbs that are in the dl list? or even better is there a way to backup the nzb list?

2. no offense but i feel like im not getting the most out of usenet, the only way i get my nzbs are this forum, but for example movies is added like 5 a day (WHICH IS EXCELLENT!!) dont me wrong i appreciate everything you guys are doing but compared to p2p it doesnt seem as vast a choice, are there other sites out there like this one when downloading nzbs?

many thx
    Make sure to empty your queue before you update. I couldn't get that to work the last time I updated.

Just re import the NZB files if you cannot wait with the update.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    JustDOSE's Avatar look at my meatwad
    Lo all

two quick questions

many thx
    1) why update if you are downloading at full speed?

1&2) how fast are u downloading? speed?

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by JustDOSE View Post
    Lo all

two quick questions

many thx
    1) why update if you are downloading at full speed?

1&2) how fast are u downloading? speed?
    There's more than download speed. It's a bunch of things that has been fixed since the 25 version.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Exactly. There's been like 100-150 updates and fixes since 0.25. See here.

It's always good to stay up to date.

yo