Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: [Review] Seedhost.eu

Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by dalian12094 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KennyX View Post
    fax costs/postage costs/photocopy costs/postal order costs etc
    Forgive me for being a noob, but what do you mean by that? I thought you just paid the amount includive VAT and it would be setup within the time allocated.
    lol, so did I.

OVH are very concerned with fraud. When I went to sign up I too thought it was pay £23.50 and go, but it was not.

I tried to pay using my TSB debit card, UK Barclaycard (kept failing) and Amex (kept failing) and they still wanted more details. They wanted photocopies of drivers license, passport, and electricty or gas bill: the email said fax copies to OVH. I dont have a fax machine so the choice was post it (told it could take up to 10 days to verify me) or pay to have these faxxed (£1.50*2 pages+30p photocopy cost) and it could still take seven days to verify me.

My next thought was to use a postal order, costing about £27ish if you count buying it and sending it recorded delivery. Time to process, quoted 7 to 10 days.

That this is how I came to the £27ish figure for me. I dont know how long it would actually take to process an OVH order as I thought 'sod this', it could take 10 days and they want way too many details (name, address, home telephone, mobile, bank dets/cc dets/debit c details, drivers license, passport, utility bill) for me to feel safe using them.

No doubt other people have sailed through, and will sail through, the OVH signup process but I really did not like the intrusive feel of it. If someone knows how to avoid the OVH bullsh1t let us know!

Quote Originally Posted by KaySterling View Post
    Yeah, good speeds and good service. Had some trouble with the box at the beginning, my *nix skills failed to show themselves and he had to re-install the server a couple of times.
    Now I am worried, is there some linux thing I need to do? I have uTorrent and FTP and thought that was all I needed!

How long did the re-install(s) take?

What ratings would you give them?

I agree with you about the cost, and I think my final word will be: go for OVH if you are able, otherwise seedhost.eu offer a great alternative for a very good price.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Interesting. I have never heard anything of the sort from other people, but then again maybe it wasn't that big of an issue. It could have just been like that because your cards were failing?

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    @KennyX

Do you mind sharing with me your utorrent settings (speed, disk cache, etc) as I haven't managed to get descent upload speeds yet. I signed with seedhost.eu today. I have "disk overload" all the time.

Thanks!

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    BANNED BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by sveltosss View Post
    @KennyX

Do you mind sharing with me your utorrent settings (speed, disk cache, etc) as I haven't managed to get descent upload speeds yet. I signed with seedhost.eu today. I have "disk overload" all the time.

Thanks!
    If you have a gig of ram change the disk cashe to 900mb.
    2gig of ram change it to 1700mb.
    It wont always use that much ram but u should never get disk ovaload.
    Its just set to that amount in case u need it.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by slayer2005 View Post
    @KennyX

Thanks!
    Thanks for your reply!

Should I limit download/upload speed? Number of downloads/uploads? What about the number of connections and slots?

Thank you in advance!

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by slayer2005 View Post
    @KennyX

Thanks!

It was a joke ? Don't do this !!!!! slayer2005 i think you don't know too much about seedboxes max on this cheap server 128MB... RAM isn't everything

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Poster
    I do have a Dedicated from Seedhost.eu too. Actually 2 boxes.
    One Win2003 and One CentOS 5.
    Both boxes was setuped in less then 1 hour.
    Setup is good on the site and trough messenger.
    Speeds are the same as our friend posts. Very good imo.
    Nothing to complain about.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by riparide View Post
    Do you mind sharing your utorrent settings? I would appreciate that. Thank you!

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by riparide View Post
    Do you mind sharing your utorrent settings? I would appreciate that. Thank you!
    Sure m8.

Global Maximu Number of Connections: 1000
    Maximum Number of Connected Peers per Torrent: 300
    Number of Upload Slots Per Torrent: 300

Disk Cache: 96MB

With that i get 11MB/s on the download and a maximum of 9 - 10MB/s upload.

C ya

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by dalian12094 View Post
    Interesting. I have never heard anything of the sort from other people, but then again maybe it wasn't that big of an issue. It could have just been like that because your cards were failing?

Maybe, but it was 3 different peoples cards and details. We just thought it was increased ovh security due to fraud. I am not sure if the new (September rules) boxes will require an automatic letter sent out even for UK customers.

sveltoss, I posted a thread about the settings for uTorrent in an OVH here:
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-see...t-ovh-304902/?
    only one reply and I was hoping for a few people to give a consensus view, so I left mine at the default as they were working well. The default is identical to the pics in this thread except cache ram used is only 128mb.

The only other thing I did was to change the gui.update.rate to 100000 to free up a tiny bit more cpu, lol, don't know if it has any real effect.

On the uTorrent forum they say run the speedtest and then choose xx/100mb for the best settings but the default uTorrent settings for my home connection are crap so I dont think doing this is a good idea.

I did cap the total max download speed to 3,200kB for all torrents, by limiting each individual torrent, as I seem to remember SgtMajor saying to do this (something about finding the sweet spot that allows max upload speed and a good download speed). I am also running only sixteen torrents with one download at a time to keep the box under control.

Best advice has already been posted: if you download form S*T then stop all other torrents and you will get 11,000kB upload. I am running 16 torrents at the moment and "only" getting 2,500kB

riparide, I must just be the unlucky one who took about 20 hours to setup. Everyone else seems to have been set up in under four hours.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast