Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Thread: [Review] Seedhost.eu

my upload speed hardly goes beyond 5-6 MB/s

2. BitTorrent   -   #52
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by KennyX View Post
    Which is the best mirc client to use, how to install it correctly and best way to get it to run on startup are the main questions I have.

I was thinking of following this http://www.bitchx.com/faq.php then the ScT tutorials but now I am not sure if this is the best way to go.
    mIRC is a Windows client.

It does look like it runs under Wine but I suggest you follow the irssi tutorial on the ScT forum.

3. BitTorrent   -   #53
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    i've just ordered one for myself, lets see how long they take

also, i've never used a seedbox before so i'll probably need to ask someone about a few things, if anyone can put up with a new guy's questions please do tell me so i could pm you or something!

Edit: It took around 8 hours to come, looks pretty nice. However, I can't seem to get an upload speed over say around 5mb/s. Can someone share their settings? It'd be great!

Edit2: Also, what sort of torrents should I put up on the box? As in, should I search for anything in particular? Also for some reason now its not uploading more than around a 100kb/s @_@. Any help will be appreciated!!
    Last edited by shivwhorra; 08-07-2008 at 01:05 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #54

screen from your uT , one torrent activ 60 seeds and 30 peers .. do you want ul more ?

5. BitTorrent   -   #55
    lol i'm seeding the same stuff

also, can someone help me figure out how to run an auto-downloader for s*t? i've tried using irssi but cant seem to connect to any servers...

6. BitTorrent   -   #56
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by shivwhorra View Post
    However, I can't seem to get an upload speed over say around 5mb/s. Can someone share their settings? It'd be great!
    Speed is totally dependent on the peers.The best advice is just like without a seedbox jump on a popular torrent early for best results.Also don't get carried away and try to have too many torrents active at once.Even if they are inactive they still draw resources.Keep it under 10 and you should get top speeds.

As for settings
    Max global settings 1000
    Max connected peers 200
    Max slots 50

Make sure DHT is turned off and encryption is enabled.
    Have to know how much RAM you have but if 2GB or more set disk cache to 1024MB

I have no problem getting 11Mbps with these.

About the auto downloader I can't help you out.I've read the tutorials but I'm still clueless.
    They need to write one autodownloading using Mirc for dummies.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 08-07-2008 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Wasn't awake when posted it.

7. BitTorrent   -   #57
    hey, I have 1gb ram and 250gb hd.

anyway, I got the auto downloader to work initially it was working perfectly but now the auto downloader seems to dl the file to the right folder but utorrent seems to wait for ages before it adds it into the queue, anyone have any idea why that could be happening?

8. BitTorrent   -   #58
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Once you get it up and running it's pretty good. Unfortunately, the two boxes i got from them had ip issues, hardware issues, os issues, etc. Hopefully once they figure the game out they'll be more reliably setup to go right from the start.

9. BitTorrent   -   #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanka113 View Post
    Once you get it up and running it's pretty good. Unfortunately, the two boxes i got from them had ip issues, hardware issues, os issues, etc. Hopefully once they figure the game out they'll be more reliably setup to go right from the start.

Maybe give some proof? Logs etc ?

10. BitTorrent   -   #60
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by shivwhorra View Post
    also, can someone help me figure out how to run an auto-downloader for s*t? i've tried using irssi but cant seem to connect to any servers...
    https://www.scenetorrents.org/forums...c.php?id=14537

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast